Renfield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Renfield

Nicholas Hoult has been set to star as the title character in “Renfield,” Universal Pictures and Skybound Entertainment’s upcoming feature about Dracula’s infamous insane acolyte. Filmmaker Chris McKay (“The Tomorrow War,” “The LEGO Batman Movie”) is in negotiations to direct and produce this original pitch from “The Walking Dead” author Robert Kirkman with Ryan Ridley […]

Nicholas Hoult has been cast in the lead role of Universal's next horror classic modernisation, this time focusing on the asylum inmate Renfield who is actually under Dracula's control.

Likely coming next will be Chair - the classic tale from creation to execution of the chair Brendan Fraser throws at Benny in The Mummy

Nicolas Cage has closed a deal to portray Dracula in the darkly comedic feature “Renfield” at Universal Pictures and Skybound Entertainment. Nicholas Hoult has been set to star as the title character of R.M. Renfield, an inmate at a lunatic asylum who was thought to be suffering from delusions but is actually a servant of […]

Nicolas Cage has signed on to play Dracula, the film is now pitched as being a dark comedy

Comment

Just the idea of Nic Cage with massive Dracula hair and costume giving it the full Nic Cage treatment might be worth it alone.

Comment

I find Cage is overrated. He confuses good acting with shouting.
        I think the only film he doesn't shout in is Willy's Wonderland, but that's because he doesn't say anything.

"I vant to drink your vloooOOOOOOOOOOOooooodddd!"

Comment

When I see the title I just think ‘Renfield: A Dracula Story’

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
            I find Cage is overrated. He confuses good acting with shouting.
            I think the only film he doesn't shout in is Willy's Wonderland, but that's because he doesn't say anything.

"I vant to drink your vloooOOOOOOOOOOOooooodddd!"

Oh he's absolute ****. But Dracula can already be campy and over acted, throw Nic in there and its going to be fire.

Comment

I don't think he's overrated. If anything he's become a punch line after making bad films for over a decade. But Vampires Kiss is ace, and he really can act. But he will sometimes randomly choose how he plays a role and nobody can change his mind.

Renfield, I think George is the funniest but Elaine has her moments.

Comment

Originally posted by monel View Post
                Renfield, I think George is the funniest but Elaine has her moments.
                This is where my mind went, ha ha ha.

Comment

Yep, the bootleg film episode randomly comes to mind, at times.

Comment

Comment

Now, I like Nicholas Hault, but man this look like it belongs on E4 at 6pm.

Comment

I thought it looked like it could be quite amusing, bringing some strong what we do in the shadows vibes to it though.

Nicholas Hoult deserves to do well too, The Great is one of my fave shows from the last few years, he plays a fantastic villain that you end up really liking in it.
                        Last edited by Lebowski; 06-01-2023, 09:50.

Comment

I think Cage has really got the acting range to make this work:

Comment

Working...
                          X