SSX3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds great Marcus.

Actually can I see myself spending time with this and the family at Christmas eve.

I remember last Christmas who was dedicated to 007 Nightfire - good memories indeed.

Comment

My GC version still hasn't arrived yet So impatient bast that I am, I've ordered the PS2 version and a network adaptor. Looking forwards to playing this online over the coming weekend, can't get my hands on it soon enough

Comment

You can play this game on Xbox using a PS2 pad and it works pretty well. The fact the the PS2 analogue and digital sticks are closer together work much better but you still can't get the ideal setup with the 4 grabs allocated to shoulder buttons which is a shame.

Am I right in thinking one trick button is missing if you use the standard Xbox control setting?

What the hell happened to user mapped controls?

btw this game is stunning lol, spend too much time complaining not enough playing.

Nice

FB

Comment

Stunning game! I was expecting little after not enjoying Tricky much, but this has blown me away completely. The presentation is just unbelieveable, probably the best EA have ever done (which is saying something).

Although I don't think it feels as nice as Amped (could be due to my lack of stats), the experience is easily as good.

Rock solid stuff, a must.

Comment

The landing physics could be a little harsher. Yes I know its an arcade type game but when you drop of a huge cliff face you should be worried about your landing. Never seems an issue in SSX3, there's no sense of risk. The fear involved with landing was one of the best features in 1080 (N64).

Still the game does impress. I too doubt that 1080 Avalanch will be better.

Comment

Originally posted by craptest
              when you drop of a huge cliff face you should be worried about your landing.
              This was my only beef with Tricky as well. You could land almost 90? and still not catch an edge. Please can more people slag SSX3 off so that I stop hovering over the "buy now" button?

Comment

Fantastic game. Best thing ever.

I don't think that I've played anything, ever, that matches the quality of SSX3. It compairs to nothing else, thus explaining why is an impossible task.

A must buy in every sense of the word.

Comment

I have the ps2 version and for me its the ps2's best looking title at the moment. Say what you want about Ea but they do know how to push the machine graphically. The lighting effects as you exit a tunnel are simply stunning . Its a work of beuty in that respect. I do have one or two gripes, the aformentioned framerate drops are annoying especially on metro city. Also i often find i have to switch between anolog and d-pad control. Analog when i want to turn on the snow and then the d-pad when i want to do spins in the air. Im sure the original SSX wasnt like that, or was it?

Anyway for any of you undecided as to whether to get this or not.
                  Buy it
                  Buy it now

Comment

Originally posted by revisedgenocide
                    Im sure the original SSX wasnt like that, or was it?
                    It was. However, you could still pre-wind your spins with the analog stick on the first 2. I presume that's still possible.

Comment

Ta mate
                      il have a look when im back from work see if i can change the control set up. Since if your holding jump you can turn if you press right or left on the stick.

Comment

PeteJ.... I hate you.

Comment

Originally posted by revisedgenocide
                          Ta mate
                          il have a look when im back from work see if i can change the control set up. Since if your holding jump you can turn if you press right or left on the stick.
                          I seem to remember that the first 2 had a few extra control schemes, at least one of which allowed you to turn whilst pre-winding. I never used it though as it seemed to make things needlessly complicated.

Comment

I believe there is a Pro control setup, which may help. I'll look tonight, if I remember (which I won't).

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ
                              Stunning game! I was expecting little after not enjoying Tricky much, but this has blown me away completely. The presentation is just unbelieveable, probably the best EA have ever done (which is saying something).

Although I don't think it feels as nice as Amped (could be due to my lack of stats), the experience is easily as good.

Rock solid stuff, a must.
                              Yeah same here. Tricky just didn't have that magic that made the first one so compelling.

SSX3 on the other hand is just plain frickin' incredible. Like most people, I was expecting a typical EA cookie cutter sequel, but those guys have really worked miracles, and good on 'em! It's the open ended nature that's grabbed me, I can really see myself playing this game for a long time. Definitely one of my top picks of the year.

Comment

played the demo today and I'm going to go out an buy it tomorrow - its fantastic [demo is on OXBM:UK along with demo for pgr2!]. Which version is everyone playing? PS-2 version has online play...

Neil.

Comment

Working...
                                X