SSX3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marcus
    Had a few brief plays on the Xbox version last night, and am very impressed by what Ive seen so far. I really enjoyed the previous SSX games, this is basically more of the same but with improvements in most areas, notably in frame rate which is a lot more stable now. Graphically its beautiful, the opening course is littered with shortcuts and items to collect and things to grind on. Sonically its good too, perhaps more sedate than the other games but fine nonetheless. Ill post more once Ive played it deeper, Im sure few will fail to be impressed by this one however.
    That was a good video of SSX3 it makes me want it!

Is the screen that size on Pal aswell?

Comment

Ive no idea about the PAL version, you might want to ask in the PAL forum. I assume you were talking about the video in our reveiw - that was actually taken by the writer, Half-Pint, not captured by me in this case.

Comment

I'm getting me PS2 chipped soon, so I'm definetly getting the NTSC version.

As the Pal version is probably so as %$&$!

Comment

I have to say after picking this up for the bargain price of ?20 (PAL Gamecube) its seriously one of the best extreme sports games and beats every version of Tony Hawks hands down.

This games is amazing in every department

Lush graphics with a great and stable framerate 100% of the time to the amazing soundtrack with famous artists like Basement Jaxx and Fatboy Slim.

The tracks are so well designed i did not know a an extreme sports game could be that well designed. All the problems from Tricky have been sorted, the levels have loads of diffrent routes depending on if you are grinding into another area or doing a trick off a high slope.

The level up feature on the stats does infact level up your stats, after adding a few blocks to my speed i could feel myself moving way faster and after adding some blocks to stability i was not bailing as many tricks.

The courses are HUGE as well as having lots of diffrent modes from race, time trial, superpipe, a tricks mode and a combined race and tricks mode, you also have huge boss battles down the whole of the mountain.

As well as ingame modes you can go for a freeride down a mountain and do extra tasks when you run into a green light shining up or just go look for some bonus snowflakes or items.

After playing through SSX and SSX Tricky on the PS2 moving on to the GAmecube for SSX3 was a ver easy transaction. After playing Tricky on the GAmecube at a mates house i feel that the control system in this version is well suited and works with the Gamecube rather than porting the PS2 control system that clearly did not work.

This is a FANTASTIC game with the only multiplayer as the let down (no 4 player or online) this is a MUST OWN game for anybody that even slightly likes Extreme Sports games.

Forget 1080 Gamecube owners this is 100% better and this is coming from a die hard 1080 fan.

Comment

I know this should probably go in the bargain thread but I saw this thread here and thought anyone who would want to know about SSX would like to know this:

PS2 PAL version on Gameplay.com ?14.99

Here!

I don't think it will last long at that price though because PGR2 wasn't at ?17.99 for even a day before it was taken out of the sale.

Comment

Working...
            X