Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok, so ive read up on the state of UK players, seems like it is going to be a definate case of a fake US address (which really annoys me) also a slight chance that the Credit Card for payment has to be USA, which would mean no luck at all for us.

I dont know what differences there will be for the address, but are we talking about using a real address that just isnt ours or something stupid like Fake House, Fake Street 3000 u know.

I think we need to clarify this, anyone got any examples of address to use for it.

Also I tried to find a solid release date in the UK and no luck, no mention of the game at all on squareenix Europe site.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewl
      Fake Street
      Pffft. Everyone knows there's a Fake Street in Springfield. No worries there

Chief Wiggum found it and everything

Comment

I have made a Linkshell on my server Bahamut for friends and new people. If you'd like to join PM me

Comment

This is probably a stupid question Razz, but what is a Linkshell?

Comment

were is everyone buying this from? how much?

Comment

I got mine from http://www.eecal.com/

Well, not from this website exactly but they also sell through ebay..

Here is another one of theirs for sale: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...category=11050

Total cost including Express Delivery $87.95 = ?51.78

Mine was shipped yesterday - I am hoping it wil arrive for the weekend

Comment

I've been playing FFXI Jap versopn for about a year on and off. There is a great and friendly uk linkshell called RadientLight. They used to have a website but its closed now. The great thing about this LS is that it's on the Ragnarok server which is nice and busy but also has a good proportion of Jap/Eng players. Being able to play with JP players really add a lot to the gaming experience, even if you can only speak basic japanese.

A great source of info is http://www.ffxionline.com, apparently there is a basic eng/jp translation program. The other great news is that I can use my old Jp Mithra Character with the US version.

If anyone is getting the game and would like a heads up on what to do and an introduction to the game then send us a PM and I will try and get you a world pass to Ragnarok.

Nice

FB

Comment

anyone know of a uk importer that will have it?

Anyone used importmadness? what they like?

Comment

so tempted! But... nggggg.... shouldn't....

Plus, I'm only on 56k, so it'd suck. balls.

Comment

Thank you for your interest in the Play Online, FINAL FANTASY XI, and Tetra Master Public Beta Test.

Unfortunately the billing address when registering will have to be a valid United States or Canada billing address when the game launches in the US. You will be unable to register without one.

If you have any further questions then please feel free to reply.

The PlayOnline Information Team

Ok guys, ways around this, I know your gonna say use a US address but seriously I dont wanna be using someone elses real address, so what is everyone going to do with this?

Comment

I dont wanna be using someone elses real address, so what is everyone going to do with this?
                        Using someone else's address personally

Comment

Originally posted by C'
                          I dont wanna be using someone elses real address, so what is everyone going to do with this?
                          Using someone else's address personally
                          so you know someone who is letting you use thier address.

Comment

Ok everyone,

I got the game and have managed to get the the big patch download, done the registration and all that.

I think they are prepared for importers, on the billing you can choose UK and put in your real details, so no need to use a fake address for your billing info.

The only thing is you have to put in a US address before this just for your playonline account, although with this address its not used for billing or anything so I guess you have to just put down your from the US or Canada.

The important thing is the billing which is no problem at all, it accepts payments from all over the place.

Comment

I spoke with DVD Box Office last night and they told me they still haven't even got their shipment of the game in stock yet.

Screw that, I cancelled and ordered from Tronix instead

Comment

Ok, am in the game woohoo. Now i just got to sort of these annoying grey textures im getting.

Anyway so far all seems great, amazing intro great presentation so far and definetely alot of people around at the starting point on my game.

Comment

Working...
                                X