Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was expecting mine to arrive tomorrow, but I had a nice slip from ParcelForce when I got home from work saying that they had left it with our next-door neighbour... HURRAH!!!

Only thing is... our neighbour ISN'T IN!!!!

Damn him!

I hope he hurries up.. can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait

Comment

I have already made excuses for the Halloween Party we were supposed to be going to tonight (said I was ill haha)

Comment

Well this is one addictive game, I have clocked up alot of hours already and am still on my starting city.

A very good game though, much to learn but it all feels worth learning, u know what I mean, doesnt feel like a chore to play (not like SWG) Although I could think of the odd improvement here and there ultimately its the BEST MMORPG I have played and I have played quite a few.

I am on Serapth (server) and so far I have not found language barriers a problem. yes sometimes when you speak to someone you get loads of Japanese symbols in return but there are plently of English speaking players.

NTSC-UK Review 10/10, worth reading.

Comment

If anyone wants the game straight away I suggest you check your local cex. Got mine on Saturday for ?49.99. No probs signing up

It's real cool, I like this game alot, been messing around on it for the whole weekend and I still feel like I know nothing. Only prob I've had is using the numpad to move about, I have big hands so it's a right git when you need to do something quick, gonna have to buy a PS2 joypad adapter thing. I got on Odin server with my Elvaan thief

Comment

Ordered mine from my local indie, which set me back ?50, should be here on Friday.

Comment

Hi,

Personaly I am loving this game, however this is my first ever MMORPG.

Mikewl - you said that this is the best MMORPG you have played, and you have played alot.
              I am wondering what makes this game better than other MMORPG's... can anyone fill me in?

Comment

Perhaps because it's based on a Console game and not a traditional PC RPG?

Comment

Well, I haven't played FFXI, but compared to SWG I'm guessing it might actually not have hundreds of bugs and actually be well designed. In SWG the developers have decided that the way to becoming a wise, responsible Jedi is to go on a murderous rampage on Dantooine, looting force sensitive people of their holocrons. ft:

Comment

Originally posted by Sdub
                    Hi,

Personaly I am loving this game, however this is my first ever MMORPG.

Mikewl - you said that this is the best MMORPG you have played, and you have played alot.
                    I am wondering what makes this game better than other MMORPG's... can anyone fill me in?
                    I think the reason I prefer FFXI is because its got more to it than other mmorpg's, the design of the locations, the music, sound and just overall polish, sticking to traditions but adding more to do as well, missions with a bit of story and the need at times to go in a group, sometimes going solo will just set you back.

It just seems so much better.

Comment

The thing that FFXI has over other MMORPGs, is the NPCs. They have alot more character to them and they aren't boring. I was in the bastok mines last night talking to every single NPC I could find and it was just interesting and I really enjoyed it. I didn't wanna join any groups cause I was having so much fun by myself.

Comment

I've ordered my copy, I'll hopefully see you all online this week. Which server are you all playing on?

Comment

Originally posted by Pungee
                          I've ordered my copy, I'll hopefully see you all online this week. Which server are you all playing on?
                          Im on Serapth, name is Wedgemoon (I know its a odd name, i had a mental block and it was the most creative I could think of)

Anyway, im sure you will enjoy it, just remember it is a big game that requires lots of hours, it can be slow getting going but stick with it and the game world opens up alot and gets better.

I just did a 8.30am to 3.30pm session and am looking forward to getting back on, its addictive.

Comment

Hey! Me and Marvelon are both on Seraph as well!!

I am a cute female Tarutaru called Knuffel (White Mage)
                            Marvelon is a massive Galka called Marvelon (Monk)

I'll look out for you next time I'm online...

I am getting quite plush now, I got to level 7 and have just acquired the spells Protect, Banish and Poisona... I rock!

Although since I (foolishly) suggested to Marvelon to make a character on Saturday, we are now fighting over the PC!! And he has already overtaken me in terms of level... damn that strength of his!

Comment

I should be picking up my copy of the game today with any luck.

How do I go about creating a character on Seraph? I hear it's the luck of the draw, with which server you end up on?

Comment

I guess Sdub has already said most of what happened - she persuaded me to create a character and now I'm as hooked as she is. Really loving it sofar.

Hope to meet with some of you whenever that becomes possible!

Comment

Working...
                                X