Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tronix are stocking it now, so I could be tempted to pick it up, since I'd rather not use DVDBO.

Comment

i'm a huge FF fanboy, but i wasn't planning on getting this. some of the stuff i'v seen on the live feed is starting to change my mind though

Comment

Why on earth would you not get it????

Especialy if you love FF...

Comment

From IGN:
          The first cross-platform, cross-continent massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG), FINAL FANTASY XI allows gamers to connect to the same exact world regardless of whether they are playing on a personal computer (PC) or PlayStation 2 and whether they are playing in North America or Japan.
          Looks like we will have the (by now insanely high level) Japanese on the same servers as us...

Comment

Comment

Is that the case?
              So it might not be very easy to have an NTSC meet-up?

Comment

Nah it's easy. World passes dont cost much and are valid for 5 users.

I'm getting all my american friends on my server today. Bahamut

Comment

I take it that you already have it then Razz?

Could it be anymore exciting? Hurry Mr Postyman!!

If any of you need a white mage to heal you on your quests, I'm your girl!

Comment

I still am not sure about the state of uk players, so if you do manage to get online with it using a US address I would just be thinking at some point they will cancel my account because of this, then I lose the many many hours I put into it.

It is fustrating since its unlikely to be out in the UK soon or at all.

Comment

They already know there are a ****load if importers, as they have been around since the JP release.

Yes, I've been playing since November.

Comment

Razz - you seem to know more about this than anyone else here so can you explain how best to achieve the following.

Me and a mate have got the game on order and both copies should arrive next week. Obviously we both want to play on the same server. How do we achieve this? Should he start and I wait until he's got a world pass sorted then once the World Pass is bought, I create my character and use the world pass to start in his world.

It all sounds needlessly complicated to be honest.

Comment

Yeah, that's what you'll need to do.

You either randomly enter the least populated server or world pass to one where your friend is in. This tackles the problem of having some servers having ALOT of players and other servers having practically none. If you were given a server select, would you seriously join a server called "Fairy" ? I think not. You'd probably pick your favourite summon, Bahamut Sounds a tad complicated on paper but it's worked so far.

Comment

Besides, there's no region encoding on PC games, so it's not as if they are trying to stop people importing...

Comment

weres the best place to order this from? to get it fast and cheap? what about import tax?

Comment

Originally posted by djtickle
                                weres the best place to order this from? to get it fast and cheap? what about import tax?
                                maybe importmadness.co.uk I order alot from there and usually they are good for speed, although not with DDR Max 2, that was out of stock and took quite some time and they didnt even reply to my email asking about it.

Go for them on new releases otherwise try somewhere else.

I have ordered it from Gamestop.com and know im likely to get an import fee but still it should be worth it. I dont know if it has shipped yet, I did have it ordered about a month ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X