No announcement yet.

Final Fantasy X-2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm enjoying the game so far, really good presentation and a pretty straightforward battle system that I've pretty much got my head round after only the first mission . Let's hope it's not too short, hey.. 7% completion after only 45 minutes' work doesn't seem very long :S

Comment

I am thinking of turning the ATB settings off, Im finding that because the battles are just so fast, I continually use the same swordplay attacks all the time without thinking, turning the game into a straightforward button masher. Id prefer to take my time and think about the next move, and appreciate the spells and abilities at my disposal rather than quickly pressing the most likely way to damage an opponent before they cain you.

I miss there not being a real nemesis in the game, a la Sin in FFX. Right now there seems to be little real point, other than the fact Tidus may or may not still be alive.

Also, is it me, or is there a real Charlies Angels thing going on here?

How are you guys getting on with the Dresspheres? I am using Paine and Yuna as Warriors and Rikku as the healer. Im about to start Chapter 2, and am 12% complete, Ive followed the story and am clearly missing out on things, Im not too worried about losing the 100% though.

Comment

I had the game since wednesday and I am enjoying the game a lot now it seems to get better the further you get into it and I was rather suprised when the mini-game near the end of chapter 2 came up. The only real thing I don't like is the music in the game is really quite poor for a final fantasy game

Comment

I got beaten by a normal baddie for the first time last night, and Im now on Chapter 4.

What I take issue with most in this game is that its so far been incredibly easy. What is the point in making such a deep charecter building element and gameplay if there is rarely any need for you to do anything other than use basic physical attacks, and have one charecter on constant cure. That said, I am noticing the game becoming a little more difficult now, but I feel as though Ive missed out on so much simply because the game does not force you to use it.

Comment

The difficult parts of the game are in the sidequest missions there is one in chapter 3 with a boss at the end that was a real pain and I had to level up for a while to beat it there are also a couple of tough bosses near the end of the main story missions. I finished the game last night not sure which ending I go as I know their is multiple ones. I think game is good and would the say most reviews have got right with the 8/10 score. I don't consider this a new final fantasy game more of a spin-off title in a way.

Comment

Yeah, it is incredibly easy for me too so far, I've died once during a boss battle but that was really due to my own carelessness (I wanted to try out a special sphere and neglected my healing duties). Pretty much all I've done though is have one person as a healer and the other two as attackers, kills instantly, and I could keep levelling up for hours without needing to visit a save sphere to heal.

I do like the game though, and even though it's a spinoff it's still much better than other RPG's you can buy. It's a must for fans, and a worthwhile purchase for other people, because although you would think the story just continues on from FFX, it doesn't really.

Comment

I do agree it is nice to play an RPG that is a little different to the usual formula which is the reason some people don't like it as much because its trying to be different. I'm looking to try and get 100% completion on my second play through to get the best ending and I do enjoy the job system a lot as I always liked the way FF5 did it fave dresssphere so far has to be dark knight.

Comment

I got this Yesterday, now I am heavily into RPG's and it is......................

AWESOME!!!

I love the intro and the dance sphere's its just too good and has added much needed humour (disgaea!?) into the FF series!

Rikku rox!

And it is ALL ABOUT the guns!

Right I can't wait to go home and level up!

K

Comment

Im on the final chapter now, and would say its the most interesting of the lot, mainly due to it finally being something of a challenge. Up till now, the straightforward tactic of having Yuna and Payne as offense, with Rikku the healer has won almost everything for me without deviation. Now I finally have to use the resourses at my disposal. The grids have also been rather lost on me, again because Ive really had no need to actually think about them, so as yet I dont see what bearing they actually have on the game.

Yuna the popstar is actually quite endearing I found, although many people seem to complain about this.

I havent used any of the specials as yet, does anyone have any guidance as to the best way to get to use these?

Comment

I never had to use the special spheres on any of the story bosses but I did use in an optional boss on mount gagazet. I much confess after doing some of the sidequests the game is really starting to get into it own and you really have to make use of the abilities at your disposal and there are some optional cutscenes that I have seen that are hidden away that should have been part of the main game and not optional so make sure you go for 100% too see everything some of the scene in question are good.

Comment

In the desert, did you beat the Tomb that has over 350000 HP?

Comment

No, is that the boss you get if you find all the cactaurs or is it in the tomb of the bad cacturs that your told not to go in ?

Comment

how long is the game in hours wise?

ive clocked up 180 hours on ffx to kill all dark aeons and max my stats can you do that?

Comment

Neither Prof Fink, go digging for parts in the desert and a "unknown object" will come for you, thats the one. I also fought a experimental machina which cained me, and a monster in the thunder plains which regenerates itself and also made short work of my team. So there is challenge there, but Ive had to wait until chapter 5 to experience it.

Comment

I have'nt tried the digging in the desert yet but theirs some big fiend disrupting it at the minute and I have to find 10 cacturs to stop it. I'm on my second playthrough and I am trying to find get up to 100% and find the dresspheres I missed.

Comment

Working...
                                X