Amped 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nonny
    I read somewhere theres a different mode where the board isnt actually stuck to your feet so you are essentially surfing down and able to do different tricks, is that correct?
    That's right, on some mountains you can also get a skater board. The gameplay is similar (you still have to go downhill) but as the board isn't attached to your feet you can do flip tricks by pressing the X button. The downside though is that if you attempt to do a flip, then you must undertake a grab move at the same time (which slows down your flip), else the board will go flying off your feet.

It's a nice addition, but nothing too different.

I'm going to try some games on Live tonight. My confidence has been built up enough now .

Comment

Got this in the post yesterday and had a brief go lost night. I haven't played the first game so the more realistic handling felt a bit odd at first, but I'm getting on with it.

I miss the racing aspect of the SSX series which I always enjoyed over the style challenges. However, concentrating on the tricks has really drawn me into the game, the style bonuses make much more sense and pulling of a stylish flip of spin feels like much more of an accomplishment than in SSX.

Originally posted by Brats
      I'm getting the hang of butters too, especially now I've been able to boost up the balance of my character.
      My main niggle with the game at the moment is that I keep over compensating for my balance during butters. This is making it almost impossible to produce more than a 2x combo, even that feels like a feat at the moment. Brats, do the extra balance points have much of an effect on the butters and grinds? How many did you have to apply to notice a change and in what way does it help? At the moment, the right stick feels unresponsive at first and then suddenly over responsive during a butter. Do balance points lighten the sensitivity?

Amped 2 is certainly impressive, not out and out impressive in the same way SSX 3 which certainly feels "BIG". But since it has a completely different take on snowboarding I expected that.

My preference still lies with SSX 3, but Amped 2 won't be going on the shelf anytime soon. I'll have blast on the Just Ride mode on live this weekend to see how plays online. I used my Gamertag to login on the XSNsports site but it looks like only NFL fever is up and running at the mo

Comment

Amped 2 has become a bit of a revelation for me. I picked up a US copy a couple of weeks ago and had a quick session to get me back up to speed. I made the mistake however of playing it the day after an intense ssx3 session and was so disappointed I nearly stuck it straight on Ebay.

I persevered however and a week later things were getting better. I still found it incredibly frustrating to the point that I threw my xbox pad hard against the floor in anger, which is something I can't remember doing in a while. The challenges still seemed nigh on impossible and I hated the controls.

2 weeks later and I've just broken into the top 100. I've nailed the way "style" works better than "uber spins" which is pure genius and this has become my no1 played game now. OK It can still be frustrating but there's an undeniable magic that lurks under the bonnet.

Only now am I ready to step out onto LIVE and demo my skills. I've not been encapsulated by a game like this in a very long time. It's even better that I can now go and prove myself on a wider stage with real players.

here's to Amped 2 then

FB

Comment

can someone let me know what "sub-sections" there are to this game ie. is it like 1080 Avanlanche with Time Trial, Stunt Mode, Races etc.

Cheers

Comment

No racing or time trial, Amped is freestyle only.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Working...
              X