• Show
Clear All

Theres 66 events? My poor poor mate

Comment

Originally posted by Roost
      Theres 66 events? My poor poor mate
      112 actually

Comment

I'll be surprised if anyone reaches 66, let alone 112. No one should have to endure that much abuse.

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyWrench
          I'll be surprised if anyone reaches 66, let alone 112. No one should have to endure that much abuse.
          I have done it on all versions

Comment

This is easily the most disappointing game of the year for me. The need to get this out in time for Christmas has done this game no favours at all. It looked so good and there really is no reason for it to be as mediocre as it is other than publisher greed.

Comment

I really am disappointed with it, after seeing all the videos it looked amazing, but its terrible!!! PS1 looking graphics and a crap frame rate, i think it looked better running on the terrible screen in the ps2 pod.

He brought his Xbox round and was playing that and i was playing on PGR2 and i felt blessed :P

Comment

Apart from the graphics (Xbox version??), how do you think it plays?
                Bearing in mind that many of the faster cars only come into their own later on in the game.

Comment

Yeah XB vers (what is it with EA not being arsed with the Xbox?). Well when i was playing it felt like i hardly ever had to brake, everythings too straight. Which i suppose catches the US street racing scene. But it doesn't half make it boring. Luckily for my mate he falls into the IGN review territory of enjoying pissing around with his car.

Just let me mention one thing, who are EA trying kid with that intro FMV talk about a blatant rip off!!

Comment

Yeah XB vers (what is it with EA not being arsed with the Xbox?). Well when i was playing it felt like i hardly ever had to brake, everythings too straight. Which i suppose catches the US street racing scene. But it doesn't half make it boring. Luckily for my mate he falls into the IGN review territory of enjoying pissing around with his car.
                    You have only just started out, the courses are very easy at slower speeds and very rarely need any braking on the part of the player. Moreover the earlier tracks are particularly simplistic. Wait until the random wonders of traffic start to brighten your day.

As I said though, the PS2 version lacks a lot of the graphical faults that plague the Xbox release. Shame really, they could have made it truly sick (give some time, maybe).

I will openly admit that it is not the greatest racer ever (and hardly equal to PGR2, as EDGE suggest) but once you get into it the game does bear some pretty juicy gameplay action.

Just let me mention one thing, who are EA trying kid with that intro FMV talk about a blatant rip off!!

Comment

Well i don't know how far in my mate is now, but i was really finding it unplayable with some of the frame rate problems, so i just let him play that and went back to PGR2. Do the faster cars go so fast it covers up the ****e graphics?

I'm still getting over that intro, and the attitude in the game is just meh.

Comment

Well i don't know how far in my mate is now, but i was really finding it unplayable with some of the frame rate problems, so i just let him play that and went back to PGR2. Do the faster cars go so fast it covers up the ****e graphics?
                        On the Xbox version, no. On the PS2 release there are no frame rate issues, so it doesn't matter.

I'm still getting over that intro, and the attitude in the game is just meh.
                        It's very much part of American tuner culture, I just zoned it out though.

Comment

Why though?

Why is the ps2 version better, lazy port?

I'm not playing it on that pad, and i'm not buying a wheel for it.

Comment

can i just ask one simple question?

Why the **** have a car based on 'underground' racing where the emphasis is on customising your ride with funky neons and decals when you can't view the bastard in a replay?

just how did that little omission get past EA's QC department?

Comment

Originally posted by camps
                              Why the **** have a car based on 'underground' racing where the emphasis is on customising your ride with funky neons and decals when you can't view the bastard in a replay?

just how did that little omission get past EA's QC department?
                              Who said it did?

Comment

An why have a Burnout 2 crash cam, when there's no damage to speak of, looks a bit stupid to have your car flipping all round in the air and into all manner of crap, and it looks pristine after.

Comment

Working...
                                X