No announcement yet.

NFS: Underground

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ollie - are you saying that they ignored the QC department? if this is so was it due to release schedule pressure?

or does replay mode open up after race 66?

its just that i can't see the point that the game gives me the option to choose my headlights, combine neons and decal to make as unique a vehicle as i can manage ---- and then deny me the pleasure of viewing it in action via replay....

a

Comment

Apart from the frame rate issues its enjoyable enough, i love the style of the graphics (big bright city lights)....

EA should have just but a bit more effort it to the fps...

But we all know that.....

Comment

My copy of NFSU (Xbox) is freezing all the time at loading-type screens.

First ever single race: had an early huge stack as I found the controls a bit light initially, so went to pause for a restart - game freezes. Try this again a few minutes later, game freezes, plus ear splitting noise! Go for the 'Underground' main mode - win first race - game freezes!!! WTF!?!

I'm hoping a new copy will sort this out.

Anyway, in the small amounts of actual racing I completed I did notice the now traditional choppy NFS framerate, which is very disappointing. I think the visuals are fine, sensation of speed good (obviously only had basic cars) and they are modelled quite well. Effects were nice thru my surround speakers.

I live in hope of this being a good long term game.

Comment

Yet another crap (Xbox) game from a crap company. I'm really glad I didn't buy this pile of sputtering, steaming dog turd!
          Not content with doing subpar year after year updates, they're now doing it for other companies, just what I wanted EA's version of Burnout 2! Why do you people keep buying this stuff? EA very rarely deliver a decent product.

Comment

Originally posted by Cacophanus
            Have you played the PC demo? Is it closer to the Xbox or PS2 version in terms of handling?
            Graphically it is closer to the PS2 version (in terms of blurring), but you will need a good setup in order to run it (otherwise your framerate will go to ****). It also needs to be played with a steering wheel. Bar that, it handles just like the PS2 version.
            That can be said of any PC game, and should be taken as red, not something to complain about.

Why not use a dualshock2 on the PC version, btw? Seems to me that if you have a high end PC, as a lot of us do, and a magicbox type adaptor, the PC rates the best.

Comment

Originally posted by camps
              Ollie - are you saying that they ignored the QC department? if this is so was it due to release schedule pressure?
              No comment.

Originally posted by rylee
              My copy of NFSU (Xbox) is freezing all the time at loading-type screens.

First ever single race: had an early huge stack as I found the controls a bit light initially, so went to pause for a restart - game freezes. Try this again a few minutes later, game freezes, plus ear splitting noise! Go for the 'Underground' main mode - win first race - game freezes!!! WTF!?!

I'm hoping a new copy will sort this out.
              It should, I tested the Xbox release and the final build is utterly crash free.

Comment

Originally posted by Cacophanus
                It should, I tested the Xbox release and the final build is utterly crash free.
                Unfortunately not. I have now tried three copies from two different stores and all crash exactly the same way. I've tried starting up the console without the dvd attachment on (that always is), trying different controllers/controller ports and deleting the save game and starting fresh - no good.

Can individual games on the Xbox have a conflict with a different save game file or something? I'm not having difficulties with any other game, as I have 40+ games that have all run trouble free.

I've given up on this for the Xbox and will consider getting either PS2 or Cube version.

Comment

Originally posted by rylee
                  Unfortunately not. I have now tried three copies from two different stores and all crash exactly the same way. I've tried starting up the console without the dvd attachment on (that always is), trying different controllers/controller ports and deleting the save game and starting fresh - no good.
                  It sounds like your Xbox then (they can be notoriously inconsistent with games, as is mine).

Can individual games on the Xbox have a conflict with a different save game file or something? I'm not having difficulties with any other game, as I have 40+ games that have all run trouble free.
                  Have you tried the game on a friend's Xbox?

I've given up on this for the Xbox and will consider getting either PS2 or Cube version.
                  ...of which both are superior to the Xbox release anyway

Comment

Working...
                  X