No announcement yet.

XIII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah i like it tooo, im about half way through the pc version and i cant pull myself away!! Ive got final fantasy 11 on way and the zelda bouns disk gotta complete this in time! ahhhh

Comment

I played the pc demo. It is visually stylish and I like some of the stuff it does.
      I enjoyed moments like throwing a grenade round the corner, seeing a big exclamation mark then a second later a corpse goes flying past
      The game does have character, but it did in many ways seem a little vanilla beneath it's stylish facade and there's some aggrevating design like the aforementioned invisible walls.
      It didn't seem a bad game overall, no doubt fun but not really that special and I have too many other games to play that are.

Comment

I too played the demo (criminal I know, after seeing it at Game for only ?20 with another game) and agree that it's a fun diversion, but nothing outstanding. In fact, the memory tactics and linearity get really really really frustrating, but it is fun.
        I think the best thing about this is the marketing - watching the adverts on TV, I can imagine some 'mass market potential casual gamers' watching it, realising it's a game at the end, and then thinking more highly of our beloved games industry.

Comment

Not actually got around to playing the main game yet...too many games in front of it in the queue hehe

But gave the multiplayer mode a work out last night....and wished I hadn't bothered. Its too hard to aim, the bots if you turn them on annilate you and it seemed painfully slow.

Hoping the main game is better....

(Gamecube version)

Comment

Weird I was playing it lastnight awell!

Have to agree with dreamylittledream, its dirge in multiplayer mode!

Comment

hmmm yes very odd that!

Comment

My only real gripes are the frustration of dying towards the end of a tough section, the loading times, and the wank multiplayer (says the Cube owner). Otherwise, its really nice to play. Worth the ?20, I reckon.

Comment

im playing the PC Version and loading times and speed of the game is great! Im currentley trying to run round the sub without getting spotted, and its starting to become more of a challenge!

Comment

Completed this today, cracking game, gets much much better in the second half of the game. If like what you have been playing it for happens and it gets good! Well worth the time!

Comment

I am playing through this as well on xbox.In my opinon its getting better and better the more I play.Am playing on normal and the AI is great(did try on Realistic but was getting my arse kicked) .There are some good set pieces and you really want to play on to see what happens to XIII.The multi-player on Live is a bit lame fun but not great but anyone looking for a good solid single player FPS you cant go wrong with this,go on trade in that copy of Rising Sun.

Comment

Just got to the sub,after infiltratin the base.I did get stuck on the previous boss battle where I kept on getting shot to hell with an M60.Two grenades in the face later and he is toast!

If all of the levels were as good as the sub-base then it would really be a pretender to Goldeneyes crown.

I love the game when you are having raging gun-fights,but up till now,these have been few and far between.

I really am enjoying it,but feel the lack of a level select will ruin the replay factor.

Comment

for thoses who have not made their mind up about this title it is on play for ?18 at the moment,the title is out of stock at the moment (i wonder why"cheap as chips")worth ordering if you can wait.

Comment

The only issue I have so far is negotiating ladders. For some bizarre reason I'm yet to fathom, it's possible to drop off ladders and fall to your death.

One one particular stage, I've found myself twisting the sticks to stay on a ladder (having previously adjusted the view). This is an unnecessary complication for a FPS.

Comment

Just wondering where the cheapest place to get this is?

Are there any differances between the Xbox and GC version?

Comment

Sorry but I like it as well. (XBOX ver)

The cartoon effect is very nice and works well. I'm not getting tired of the headshot windows and people being shot off ledges. The cut scenes are very comic like and the plot is intriguing. David Duchoveny isn't really adding much hate to think how much he was paid.

Headshots
                                Music
                                Solid feel of 2D graphics
                                Goon banter
                                Sniper crossbow
                                Neck snap
                                Collecting hidden documents
                                LIVE integration

Dislike
                                Having to hide bodies
                                Being absolutely trounced on LIVE by CANDYFLOSS
                                No secret areas
                                Getting lost then realising how obvious the direction was.

Definitely, worth the ?20 in Game I know Goldeneye was brilliant but I am reminded more by this than any other fps I have played recently. The early criticisms in this thread could help by suggesting current better fps we would be better playing.

Please help me out on this game in the Videogame Q&A folder if you can

Tony

Comment

Working...
                                X