Medal of Honor: Rising Sun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Medal of Honor: Rising Sun

I've been giving this a go for about 2 hours now (Xbox version), and it's very different to Allied Assault (the only other MoH game I've played).

You start the game running out of the ship you're currently in, which is very Half-Life-esque, with cables and explosions everywhere, and mini-missions where you can go round fire extinguishing fires to save people. Which was nice. Then get up on deck, manning the guns, shooting down planes, and generally blasting away.

Then your first proper on-foot mission takes you through a village, with a tank for defence for a lot of the way. It's surprisingly hard in comparison to what I expected from this game, hard in the way that I died twice on the first level.

The controls can be annoying when trying to remember where all the buttons are (left trigger for zoom, black for reload, B change weapon, Y to jump etc). But it's not as if it's totally different to Halo and every other Xbox FPS.

Visually, it's quite nice, especially considering that it's a multi-format game. I haven't had the time to play multi-player yet, but it's a pretty decent game so far.

Any one else managed to pick this up yet?

And why is everyone dressed as Serious Sam?

Im enjoying it a lot but the enemy AI is ****ed up big time, in the baseball staduim I ran past 3 troops and they just stood there, I shot one and the other two turned their back I threw a grenade at their feet And they still didnt move, and there is lots of examples like that.

No Live play is a big miss also

Comment

Originally posted by sithlordx
      Im enjoying it a lot but the enemy AI is ****ed up big time, in the baseball staduim I ran past 3 troops and they just stood there, I shot one and the other two turned their back I threw a grenade at their feet And they still didnt move, and there is lots of examples like that.
      Strange, doesn?t sound too good. The AI in MoH Frontline works okay however.

No Live play is a big miss also
      Saw an paper ad for PS2 Rising Sun today with Network Play logo. Guess this didn?t make it to XB.

Comment

Saw an paper ad for PS2 Rising Sun today with Network Play logo. Guess this didn?t make it to XB.
        Nope damn EA for that

The AI is terrible though, but it has not stopped me liking the game

Comment

I thought this sucked bigtime; terribly dissapointing.

Lame graphics, **** AI, **** controls; just through and through boring.

The first 'mission' is far and away the best.

Avoid IMO, especially as there are so many good games round at the mo...

Comment

I had heard this game was fairly lame. Because I have a pc, I will never consider a console MOH because the machines just don`t have the power to do the concept justice. The pc game allied assault is a classic and the new version is shaping-up well.

I say stick to the pc for your WW2 gaming fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaser
              I say stick to the pc for your WW2 gaming fun.
              Yes. Play Call Of Duty. Intense.

Comment

Does it have an offline split-screen (not link up) co-op mode.... that works??

They rumoured that it would - but they rumoured that with EVERY MoH release - and it never happened....

Comment

They rumoured that it would - but they rumoured that with EVERY MoH release - and it never happened
                  Well I have not noticed it on the Xbox version - so NO

Comment

Shame.....

Comment

This will be the first MOH game I haven't bought for a console.I loved the two Playstation versions but was let down by Frontline.The Arnheim Knights level made me destroy a joypad and I got about three quarters of the way through before I realised I just wasn't enjoying it.

The so-so reviews of the new game and playing about half an hour on it makes me realise it is not a game for me anymore.

Shame really because it could have been a brilliant re-invention of the series not just a continuation.

Comment

I just had a look in Game...
                        The PAL version released on Xbox on Friday... claims on the box that there is a two player co-op mode....??

So does anyone know if there is... or if it works properly????
                        Has anyone tried it, is it any good????

Comment

the cube (PAL) version releases on the 28th too...

i'm picking it up for a friend who wants it *only* for the co-op mode, which has been reported as present in every review / preview i've come across... he'll certainly be pissed off if it's not there!

if no-one else has done so by then, i'll report his co-op impressions as soon as amazon deliver (via the slow but free delivery option).

Comment

co-op!

Comment

They rumoured that it would - but they rumoured that with EVERY MoH release - and it never happened
                              You must be pretty blind then. It's on the second screen you come to when the 'Box boots up, after selecting the language. See that? Multi-player!

It also has co-op, but haven't had the time to try it yet, will do tonight and give my impressions.

It's pretty good so far - haven't had chance to play it much more than last time though.

Comment

Working...
                              X