No announcement yet.

1080 Gamecube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the framerate stable at 60fps? Earlier preview code was jittery..

Comment

Originally posted by dc-arena
      Earlier preview code was jittery..
      Where did you ehar this? I heard it was rock solid.

Comment

Read it on ign.

Comment

Well it mayu not be that godd after all. This month's EGM scores are 7.5,7.0 and 5.5 They say the control and tricks are not up to par, but it is very fast.

Just thought you might wanna know

Comment

Originally posted by jim g
            Well it mayu not be that godd after all. This month's EGM scores are 7.5,7.0 and 5.5 They say the control and tricks are not up to par, but it is very fast.

Just thought you might wanna know
            I heard they said the controls were good but there wasn't enough tricks and the game was too hard. Strange.

Comment

I heard they said the controls were good but there wasn't enough tricks and the game was too hard. Strange.
              Looks like I will like it then.

For the records: german Gamepro mag gave it 87%. SSX3 got 87-89% by them so I think it?s a decent score.

Comment

Excellant, i'd rather it was a hard game like F-Zero, than an easy one liek Mazza Kart. Lots of hours will have to go into it to complete it, excellant!

Comment

Read it on ign.
                  Well there you go. Its got to be bull**** bias then.

Comment

This forum is for people to post impressions and facts about games and to ask questions to the forum members that have played it already, not to speculate on the validity of reviews elsewhere. Please keep on topic. I expect this thread to go ballistic on Friday.

Comment

I hope so I want impressions! Decent impressions from the masses! I wonder if we will see much advertising from Nintendo in the UK? They are holding a big event with snowboarding and DJs as a launch party aren't they?

Comment

I think the IGN article was of a preview code, not final.

It will be interesting to see if the game is solid at 60fps in the final version. I guess some people will be able to confirm this tomorrow..

Comment

I've just bought my copy this morning and early impressions are very good, it Definitely feels like 1080. Theres been much talk about the visuals and really have to see 1080A in motion to appreciate how nice the graphics really are, espeicially considering how fast the game is. There some great effects and animation like snow sticking to the boarder and tree branches swaying.

Controls are very accessiable and have been slightly simplified compared N64 1080 for instance you dont really have to worry about balancing the board as much (compared to N64 1080) when your landing. When you do loose balance, a on-screen prompt indicates to twirl the analogue stick 360 degrees to recovery. One thing that you do feel instantly when you start playing is how heavy controlling the boarder feels (well compared to SSX anyway) with game taking more "realistic" approach.

I havent mess around with trick system yet so i cant really comment on it.
                          As mentioned above this is very early impression of the game but what i've seen so far has left me impressed. Well, i'm going to carry on playing now .

Comment

Read it on ign.
                            There you go then.

I'll be getting the us release come monday.

Comment

Originally posted by Rav
                              I've just bought my copy this morning and early impressions are very good, it Definitely feels like 1080. Theres been much talk about the visuals and really have to see 1080A in motion to appreciate how nice the graphics really are, espeicially considering how fast the game is. There some great effects and animation like snow sticking to the boarder and tree branches swaying.

Controls are very accessiable and have been slightly simplified compared N64 1080 for instance you dont really have to worry about balancing the board as much (compared to N64 1080) when your landing. When you do loose balance, a on-screen prompt indicates to twirl the analogue stick 360 degrees to recovery. One thing that you do feel instantly when you start playing is how heavy controlling the boarder feels (well compared to SSX anyway) with game taking more "realistic" approach.

As mentioned above this is very early impression of the game but what i've seen so far has left me impressed. Well, i'm going to carry on playing now .
                              Where did you get it from btw?

Comment

Originally posted by Rav

How many difficulty settings are unlocked to start with on Match mode? Is it 3? How detailed and "alive" are the first set of courses? (ski school and 2 others from memory)

Comment

Working...
                                X