Counterstrike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jesus christ.

It's **** like this that makes me wish I never read these forums. Hearing PC / Console fanboys whining about every ****ing thing which isint to their sky high satisfaction really pisses me off.

Im glad I dont get into my laptop as much as some of you as you all bloody whinge about is that the game dosent use stunning graphics and just tarts them up a bit.

You know what? Some of us appriciate games and just enjoy the ****ing things, you dont have to annalyse and critacise everything. If you enjoy playing a fast, more considered fps then get this. If you want somithing else then fine. Dont berate it just cause you fancy a moan.

The games a good conversion with no graphical defects, great online play, good controls and the fantastic head set!

Oh look everybody, comming up next is a funny quote from what I just wrote!

Comment

Yeah man. You're right. Sometimes negativity can bring a place down.

Anyway, I'm off to play Rise of the Robots - the classic fighting game from 1994 - and I'll love every single second of it, what with it being illegal to dislike anything about any game ever.

Comment

Got at the weekend am looking forward to a few hours play this evening.

I use my PC for work can't be arsed to keep it up to date so that I can play all the latest games. It runs XP and office fine, lets me surf the net but 3D games and we're talking flick-book speed. So consoles are the way forward (for me at least). As to which control method is best I really don't care. If the game plays fine and is enjoyable that?s all I care about.

HALO controller became 2nd nature after a while and I?m sure the Flood would have been easier to defeat with a mouse and keyboard, it didn?t distract from what was a great game. Comes down to it that?s its personal choice and people are always going to prefer A to B. But do we really need another stupid game of mine is bigger than yours? Unless the control mechanism the developers have given us to play the game is so bad as to warrant a mention could we please stop making mountains out of a mole hills and just enjoy them for what they are great, crap or just average (Delete as required).

I never played CS on my PC and don't have BB so no XBOX LIVE. Will the single player mode make this a game worth having who knows, although I did enjoy Ghost Recon off line. Anyway I?ll let you know tomorrow.

Comment

I can certainly see the appeal of this on XBox, actually.

What I'm after from it is servers where I don't have to contantly question (and be questioned aloud by other people) if anyone doing well is using a cheat instead, where everyone is using a headset rather than about 2 out of 10, and where everyone has the same baseline hardware.

I understand that many feel their game impaired by playing on a pad, or having a measly two-figure framerate, but that goes for their opponents too. Also, with less instant-death mouse clicking, the strategic side of creeping up on people has to be of greater importance, surely?

I've not got this yet, as I've got a stack of other things on the go, but what is the big bad deal about having your playing field levelled?

Comment

Originally posted by Shimmyhill
            On PC you need to have 100fps
            Fair enough, but honestly what did you expect? Technically the highest frame rate any TV can handle is 60 fps, so it was never, ever going to match up to your high expectations in that regard.

As for the control method, horses for courses. Your complaints about the game seem to stem from the differences between a console and a PC, which is a fair argument, but I can't help but think what a ridiulous statement it would be to criticise PC Vice City because it didn't come with a 32" widescreen display and a big comfy sofa?

With regard to the community, this is one of the main reasons why the XBox version appeals, a point that Mid also appears to grasp and Burai probably couldn't fathom if Professor in the ****ing Obvious from Oxford University gave him private tuition for a whole term. I have many great online matches on Live on other games and I want to continue that community onto another version of CS. I'm not expecting the whole clan community thing and tbh I don't want it. I just want a decent small community with people I have already respected and had laughs with online.

Originally posted by Burai
            Anyway Jez, I'd answer your points, but I'm going out to spend ?40 on ****ing oxygen...
            Do you have to be a complete tit twenty-four seven? I suggest spending the ?40 on a load of ganja and learn to chill the **** out.

Comment

Jeremy, are all of the people on your buddy list too retarded to be able to download a file, then install that file, then add everyone to their STEAM friend list? You can even set up a PC headset and talk. Imagine that! Voice comms without getting cancer of the ears off that dreadful headset.

All that for a fiver. Of course, I'm the retarded one. It's always been the way with me. When I was at remedial school, the teachers were always telling me to go out and pay ?35 to cynical publishers who've got the nerve to straight port a free mod to an insanely powerful console. But y'know, I was too busy listening to the voices in my head. They still talk to me now. they tell me their names are Reason and Common Sense. Man, I wish they'd leave me alone so I could go out and buy pre-grated cheese and bottled water.

Comment

Except not everyone on my friends list have desktop PCs . Some of them have MACs or Laptops, which they prefer not to use for gaming. Some of them actually prefer to sit in front of a large TV on comfy sofa when gaming (Wow! Now there's a good idea!) and consider the price of a single game a mere trifle.

Are you sure those two voices in your head aren't called "tiresome" and "tosspot" (in that order)?

Comment

Are you sure those two voices in your head aren't called "tiresome" and "tosspot" (in that order)?
                  Jesus... The personal insults now...

It's a good job I'm a bigger man than you, or else I'd have to resort to calling you names like "Delusional", "****-Faced", "****-Bag". In that hypothetical order.

Thankfully, cos I'm a nice guy, I won't lower myself to that. I'll just live with your irrational hatred and Steve Pemberton lookalikeary.

Good day.

Comment

I'm sure it wouldn't be a trifle if they knew it were free Edward...
                    There'll be no trouble here!

Comment

How did it come to this ???

Put simply xbox cs is very average, put it next to the PC version and its **** - it really is that simple.

I prefer console games, i like my sofa and 32" widescreen. Im buying a new surround system after christmas to futher my console experience.

The 100fps was picky i know but again cs on xbox has a woeful framerate to what it should have.

Id say ive put tens of thousads of hours into CS, maybe im not the best person to judge the xbox conversion but i could tell after 10 mins that it was a pale imitation of the PC game.

And tbh, im totally gutted - i really wanted this game on xbox, i wanted it to be great i really did - its just not.

Judging by the slating its getting all over cs irc im not alone, if you enjoy it good luck to you - ur prolloy lucky i wont be there to pop a cap in J00 a$$

Comment

Originally posted by Burai
                        Jesus... The personal insults now...

It's a good job I'm a bigger man than you, or else I'd have to resort to calling you names like "Delusional", "****-Faced", "****-Bag". In that hypothetical order.

Thankfully, cos I'm a nice guy, I won't lower myself to that. I'll just live with your irrational hatred and Steve Pemberton lookalikeary.

Good day.
                        The day you go back to being a bigger man (and a nice guy) is when the whole forum breathes a sigh of relief, but I don't hate you, I just think you're a tiresome trolling knob at the moment, that is all .

Love and Kisses
                        Steve Pemberton

xxx

Comment

I agree, once agian, with Shimmy 100%. I'm not a PC whore (I plan to get Deus Ex 2 for Xbox instead of PC in fact, because I'm worried my dx9 capabilities aren't up to scratch) HOWEVER, however, this is not Xbox-hating, or PC-whoring. This is calling a bad game a bad game, and I think any slight outburst here is down to all the favourable first impressions posted on the first page of this thread.

Bottom line, I think, is if you've been in a CS clan for fifty years, have 'tab' bound to +stopsound as well as scorecard, and have a multi-coloured crosshair don't go anywhere near this steaming turd, leave it to the n00bish nubz.
                          If, on the other hand, you've no idea why there's no 'o' in Cbble, think a Mac10 is something you order from McDonald's, or haven't spotted me in the Dust2 easter egg , buy this for your Xbox and play it to your heart's content and don't worry about the 1337 hax0rs who hate all consoles ever.

PS. How long before some gits manage to mod a keyb&m to play this with? :P

Comment

Well after several hours of play-testing 6 out of 10. (Offline)
                            I'm sure probably a couple higher for LIVE!.

Has moments that really get the heart going but a few niggles. Bots on the hard settings however, just never seem to miss, always seem to know where you are etc etc. In a lot of games the multiplayer aspect seems like an after thought bolted on to the finished single player game. This has got it all backwards, the single player has been bolted on.

I know CS is an online game but an Xbox conversion really needed a stronger single player game. I'm guessing the average joe on the street doesn?t have BB, can't get it (note to myself must move!) or just can't see the attraction. All they needed was a story mode or something to play through. As said earlier it really is a training mode for LIVE! play.

Although an enjoyable game if you're going to buy it I reckon leave it till after Xmas and pick it up cheap from the Used Bin.

Comment

deleted my post as it dont actually have the game yet so not keeping in line with the forum

Comment

Originally posted by Alf-Life
                                ...have 'tab' bound to +stopsound as well as scorecard...
                                Heh, I bound that about a week ago. funny

Personaly I don't really care about this game, nothing will beat the PC version unless somehow you can configure a virtual reality machine to the xbox controls and someone gives me a virtual reality machine. Only came here to read what Burai is saying but if people wanna pay ?35 for it then that's there own problem, I know I'd pay ?35 for something I knew I'd get alot of enjoyment out of and if that's what they get then good for them.

Comment

Working...
                                X