No announcement yet.

Deus Ex Invisible War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For me the game slightly lost it at the end when the area's became very straight forward and the choices very basic rather than leaving you with the freedom that it does earlier on though I do get why it did it. I finished it and then tried for a second ending. The first time I just followed the story for whatever was easiest then the second time allied myself with who I would naturally most agree with. Ironically the 2nd ending was probably the best.

Comment

Finished it now, I did the same as you Crazytaxinext, took the easiest ending but then went for the one I really wanted. I totally agree about the endings being throwaway choices, same for all the possible alliances really.

Originally posted by spoiler
      I wanted just to end it all so my chosen ending was the Templars' alliance. I was really disappointed that it didn't show Alex's place in the Templars' ending.

The whole idea of everyone linking up with JC put me off, tbh, then everyone would be like the Omar, just without the masks.

The kill everyone ending had some appeal until I checked it out

Overall, it's got solid gameplay behind it, but it lacks the strong level design, pacing, scripting and involving plot of the original. The streamlining is purely superficial really.
      In terms of plot it was an outright sequel, yet it never really played like one for me. Can't say I'm not disappointed but it's still a really good game.

Best moments:
      Originally posted by spoiler
      Took the huge bot in the church down with just an energy blade. The blade is excellent when you use it wth the speed mod. Took down that other chick and the Dentons the same way. I wish JC would actually use his augmentations against me, he was a tad easy to kill.

I liked playing rocket fights with the armoured Tempars also, helps if you've got the speed mod to dodge those rockets.

Comment

Does this game have option to choose 3rd person viewpoint or is it just FPV?

Also, i heard that the official PAL Xbox version will have been tweaked and ironed out issues (framerate etc) from US version - can anyone confirm?

Comment

Had a a quick go of DE2 at work, I like the look of it.
          Never played the original as I can't find the mac version anywhere, will I need a knowledge of it to get the best out of Deus Ex 2? I mean does the story carry on or is it new characters in a new world?

Also is the PS2 version of the original so bad a conversion that it's unplayable or is it just limited?

Comment

Been playing this all day. Great game but for me it's a case of 'close but no cigar'. Beautiful graphics and really open ended approaches to problems yet I found it really stilted. The combat really fragments the gameplay. If there was a slow energy/health recharge a la Halo this really would have helped create an immersive game as opposed to one where I'm constantly reloading to try a different approach. The Halo style if balanced correctly would teach the player to learn on the fly instead of learning by reload. However there are some moments when you try something to test the game, it works, and you just gotta smile.

Comment

My copy has crashed 3 times now, anyone else getting any problems?

Comment

has anyone managed to install and get the texture pack to work that makes quite a big difference in environmental and character textures?

I've heard theres some compatibility issues with the european version and was wondering if anyone has got it up and running?

Comment

really enjoying this so far, i had a robocop esque moment earlier with the security drones and some vagrants The story is very atmospheric and really draws you into the game world

Comment

Bowser123, I would go for the Mac version if there is one, the PS2 one is too easy and the level design was simplified also for parts of the game.
                    The PS2 version is more than playable but for me it falls short of the PC version because it's you can just run in and shoot everyone, which makes the stealth bits slightly redundant.

DE2 is easy to follow if you've not played the original, the story isn't as relevant in the sequel anyway, not until late on in the game.

Comment

although its been simplified the story and the freedom you get more than make up for it

the physics is great fun to mess around with altough a couple of things such as the sofas and boxs feel too light to me

Comment

Working...
                      X