No announcement yet.

Gran Turismo 4: Prologue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh. I missed that (and was hardly looking for it!)

I wonder why they allocate points in the school mode.
    Is there some compo in Japan for high scorers?
    Or just some useless points system?

Comment

actually - i think i saw that you get given a code every now and then.

I guess it's for uploading legitimate scores onto the web (?)

Comment

Just a few questions, in arcade mode is it posible to race against your fast times, I can't seem to do it can anyone give me a pointer I save after the race but when I try to load I can't.

I didn't know you could race against the computer in arcade mode either, i'm not the only one if anyone has seen this months Edge.

How is the 10 second slow down calculated is it based on a combination of speed against size of impact, thats what I figure anyway.
        So far I have to say I'm enjoying this for the full release a wheel may be in order.

Comment

Hmmm not sure bout dis one, as been playing and getting well into PGR2, - its hard going back to Turismo cos i think its boring now compared to the likes of PGR series, plus da fact dat going back on PS2, da joypad doesnt ave analogue triggers unlike Xboxs', and i only like using pads as opposed to steering wheels - Turismo to me now is like a car show room's game.

Comment

But "da" buttons are analogue and the game is only a demo. A very strong demo mind, and one that shows how well a driving game can be implemented -- racing through those mean, narrow streets (forgot the name!) in a Celica has never been so good. It looks great, it sounds fantastic (better environmental sounds -- check the wind when you're drafting another car, for example) and plays like a dream.

Bodes well for GT4.

Comment

Originally posted by AliGamer
              Hmmm not sure bout dis one, as been playing and getting well into PGR2, - its hard going back to Turismo cos i think its boring now compared to the likes of PGR series, plus da fact dat going back on PS2, da joypad doesnt ave analogue triggers unlike Xboxs', and i only like using pads as opposed to steering wheels - Turismo to me now is like a car show room's game.

After going back to PGR2 the other day after spending time on the GT4 demo, I found PGR2 to be slightly lacking in something that I couldn't put my finger on almost light weight.

BTW I'm realy strugling on one of the training levels I think it's the one just after the break where you have to overtake the car on the New York track.

The game has got me mad where you fail for hitting another car too, what a pain.

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Marklar
                But "da" buttons are analogue
                Can anyone actually get a similar level of control from the PS2 face buttons as the DC/XB/GC triggers? I was massively disappointed by the Dual Shock 2 buttons as there wasn't enough travel or resistance for me to be able to get more than 3 levels of analogue control. Off, On or somewhere vaguely in the middle. No objection to the thumbsticks though, it's just the 'analogue' buttons that annoy me.

Plus, and this could happen on any analogue button, but has only ever happened to me on my PS2, the X button on my Dual Shock 2 never actually got to 100% unless I pushed down HARD on it. If I just gave it normal pressure I reckon I was only getting about 90%. This made RRV very painful until I just plugged in my PS1 pad again. Grrr...

Comment

Can anyone actually get a similar level of control from the PS2 face buttons as the DC/XB/GC triggers?
                  Yes, but there aren't many games with such a level of depth as GT so I can understand your point. I actually find it more natural to press a button to go faster than pull a trigger too, unless there are pedals involved

Dunno 'bout the 90% thingy though, wouldn't surprise me if the button is b0rked.

Comment

Der is an adaptor u can get to use PS2 pads on XBOX but not vice versa! BAH!!!!!!!! It'd be perfect for PS2 racing games - Xbox pads rox! (The triggers dat is) or can u get third-party ps2 pads that have triggers like xbox? Hmmm

Comment

Working...
                    X