What are you reading now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

re reading timeline by micheal crichton
    you might have seen the terrible film vershion last year staring paul walker
    the book is 10 times better like all book-movies

Comment

I'm reading Dance Dance Dance by Haruki Murakami.

It's about a divorced journalist and a very weird hotel. I've only just started it, but it's very well written, and seems to be building up towards something.

The writer has metaphors down to a fine art.

Comment

A Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson.

Quite amusing / informative.

Comment

Bourne Ultimatum - totally wicked book. First thing to have me gripped for a long time....

Comment

Hell's Angels by Hunter S Thompson because i've been in heathrow airport for 9 ****ing hours.

Good book though

Comment

Just finished the K-Pax trilogy by Gene Brewer.
              After seeing the excellent film starring Kevin Spacey I've meant to read the books for a while. They're all excellent (1st is exactly as portrayed in the film) though you get a very good idea of Prot's true nature by the end of the 3rd. Much clearer than the film

Very easy to read too, I got through all 3 in two weeks as I couldn't put them down.

Comment

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas - Hunter S Thompson

In short. Amazing read.

Comment

Legend by David Gemmell

Comment

Comment

I've just made a start on "Power Up - How Japanese Videogames Gave The World An Extra Life by Chris Kohler.

Only read the first couple of chapters that outline the beginning of videogames and how early Japanese games were the first to introduce narrative elements. Flicking through it does look like it will get really interesting later on...i'll keep you informed.

Comment

Originally posted by me
                        The Song Of Susannah - Stephen King - gripping but I can't shake the feeling that the last book will be a complete let-down like every single other Stephen King story ever
                        Consider those words eaten. I've read The Dark Tower and it's superb. An inspired ending to an excellent series.

It's made me want to read all of King's books again to see if I can find any references to the Dark Tower that I may have missed first time.

Comment

Am currently reading Black Hawk Down at the mo. It's about....doh!

After getting thru the excellent Killing Pablo last year I thought I'd give it a look. Mark Bowden really does his work well and as much as I enjoyed the film, getting accounts of the fighting from both sides is quite an eye opener.

Comment

I've just finiseh Wilt by Tom Sharpe. I though the 'The Throwback' had more laughs but still funny.

Onto 'Ancestoral Vices' or maybe 'The Midden' next.

Comment

Originally posted by dug
                              Consider those words eaten. I've read The Dark Tower and it's superb. An inspired ending to an excellent series.

It's made me want to read all of King's books again to see if I can find any references to the Dark Tower that I may have missed first time.
                              Is that so? I'm much relieved then. I have enjoyed reading Song of Susannah and Wolves Of The Calla, but I have to admit that they were quite different in tone than the first four books, and I was worried that that difference might lessen the impact of The Dark Tower (book VII). I'm glad to read from a fan that it didn't.

Comment

*Death Note*

I wasnt sure if their was a seperate thread for manga, but fk it,I was recommended this by a friend, and have only just started reading it, but its started off fantastic and I am already hooked.

It is an intriguing story of Yagami Raito, a 17-year-old typical teenager, who comes about a dropped notebook one day at school. The title on the cover is "Death Note." Inside the notebook has directions and the purpose of it, which is to kill anyone whose name is written inside of it. Thinking that this was just a joke, Raito didn't think much of it, until he tested it for fun. Little did he know that it works, and his life would be changed forever...
                                check out this review for more info:

Im gonna get back to reading, and come back with some impressions later on.
                                So anyone else reading this?

Comment

Working...
                                X