No announcement yet.

What are you reading now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I should be reading R.A.Salvatores The Lone Drow, but I think the wife got a signed copy for a xmas pressie so I held of buying it myself. If I knew where I was upto in Raymond E. Feist Riftwar series I would be reading that (stopped reading when I was waiting for him to finish his next book a few years ago, then forgot!) as it is I just got done with the revised Magician...again.

Comment

double post!

Comment

I've just started Necroscope V: DeadSpawn. The last in the necroscope series (Brian Lumley). Great read i think, nice take on the vampire legend, these vampires aren't the pretty boy romantic types, no, more warring, raping, bloodthirsty devious beasts.

Now apart from the the logical Vampire world series by the same man, i think i may start Clive Barkers' Books of Blood. I can't think of any other horror books. There was one called 'The boy who kicked pigs' by Tom Baker, but it sounded more like a comedy. Anyone read it?

Lastly, i'm reading the Slaine comic in 2000AD, (which has just kicked off again after a 3-4 month gap!!) and Lone Wolf & Cub #2100 a re-imaging of, imo, the best manga i've ever read, Lone Wolf & Cub.

Comment

Originally posted by TheShend
          I've just started Necroscope V: DeadSpawn. The last in the necroscope series (Brian Lumley). Great read i think, nice take on the vampire legend, these vampires aren't the pretty boy romantic types, no, more warring, raping, bloodthirsty devious beasts.

Now apart from the the logical Vampire world series by the same man, i think i may start Clive Barkers' Books of Blood. I can't think of any other horror books. There was one called 'The boy who kicked pigs' by Tom Baker, but it sounded more like a comedy. Anyone read it?
          Well, aside from the Necroscope five book series there is the followup series that deals with Harry's sons in the Vampire world (two or three books), the two Lost books, and then the followup newer books (three of those I believe). Fantastic series. If you get a chance, also check out his Psychomech series. ****ing brilliant, and I personally like them more than the Necroscope books. I wish he would do another series about that.

Also, have you tried Stephen King's Dark Tower series? Or any of his other novels?

Comment

Just finished reading Clive Barker's Imajica (for the 3rd time, i love this book) and Micheal Moore's 'Dude Where's My Country' (good read)

Just started reading Clive Barker's Weaveworld (for the 2nd time)

As you can see i'm a big Barker fan

Rich

Comment

Originally posted by TheShend
              Now apart from the the logical Vampire world series by the same man, i think i may start Clive Barkers' Books of Blood. I can't think of any other horror books.
              Try the following stories from Book one - 'The Yattering and Jack' and 'In the Hills, the Cities'

Rich

Comment

Originally posted by JRMacumber
                I just got started on "Wolves Of The Calla," the fifth Dark Tower book by Stephen King. I read the previous four books back to back right before this, so I'm in full-on Gunslinger mode. I'm hoping this new book upholds the high standards set by the previous ones.
                Ditto. Although i was disapointed tith Wizard and Glass Wolves is really sucking me in.

Comment

John Simpson - A mad world , my masters

Comment

I bought a book, for the first time in like 3 years today. It was off some guy in the street.

"Excuse me man, you look like a mellow person"

Good sales work! We got talking, and he's a munk/monk. He gave me this book about the life of this budhist munk. So I gave hima fiver.

The book says by reading it I can find ones inner self, and go behyond space and realm.

Sounds trippy.

Comment

Originally posted by Grey Area
                      Ditto. Although i was disapointed tith Wizard and Glass Wolves is really sucking me in.
                      The Wastelands is my favorite Dark Tower book so far.

Comment

Seabisquit - I can't spell right now
                        and
                        Three Kingdoms

And I'm really digging Naruto. I don't think that counts.

Comment

Well, I just finished The Grapes Of Wrath by John Steinbeck.
                          Not sure what to start now...

Comment

Great book that.

I assume you've read of mice and men?

Comment

Right now I'm reading "Roar of Honor", a Mechwarrior-novel, which is far from being an authentically good read, but I recently started to play the Mechwarrior: Dark Age tabletop game, so I'm craving some background.

Books on order:
                              Classic BattleTech: The Legend of the Jade Phoenix Trilogy
                              Ghost War (Mechwarrior Dark Age, #1)

Thinking about getting:
                              Essential Uncanny X-Men, Vol. 1
                              Essential X-Men, all Volumes

Comment

I'm reading Naked Empire by Terry Goodkind. The eighth instalment of his Sword of Truth series. Quite good but not the best in the series - enjoying it nonetheless.

Comment

Working...
                                X