GTA: Double Pack (Xbox)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Space Monkey
    I think the graphics look much nicer with the motion trails turned off, especially Vice City. I can`t understand why they used the effect, it looks fookin horrible.
    Yeah, I know. On the PS2 versions I could tolerate the effect - it smoothend out the rough edges, but on the Xbox it feels like having a tub of vaseline smeared over your TV screen. Fortunately it can be turned off, although discovering how to is a bit cyptic at first.

Comment

I still can't see any difference. Maybe I am wearing PS2 specs or something, but it looks.... identical.

This is Vice City we're talking about here, right? I've seen the IGN compare thing but that's for GTA3, not VC.

I'm looking at the framerate, textures, character models, draw/ pop-up distance... come on, you can tell me: what's the difference? Are we talking 10 more horizontal pixels or something?

EDIT, this is not about the trails btw, which are vile tbh.

Comment

To be fair, Vice City is a lot closer in looks; they souped up the engine between 3 and VC to do the higher resolution image and texture stuff that everyone is marvelling over the XBox version of 3 doing, so I'm not seeing a massive difference there either, to be honest. I just really like having NewOrder, a-ha and the Pet Shop Boys on my playlist rather than the tracks in the original game.

Comment

Im sure VC has had the same updates as 3. Is this "the IGN compare thing"

Comment

That's the sort of thing, yeah. It's still GTA3 though, as opposed to VC.

For all I know 3 has had a massive kick up the arse, but I'm damned if I can see anything that's been done to VC.

Comment

This is summarized from IGN?s comparison:

The Xbox version runs at a higher resolution ? you can see a lot more of the map on the Xbox version.

The car models have all been redone. They?re much more detailed and rounded on the Xbox, like the PC version I think. Like GTA3, they?re now reflective and lit correctly.

The character models are the same, except they have proper hands and fingers.

The city lighting has been redone slightly. Everything is generally sharper, smoother and moves faster.

The differences between it and the PS2 version aren?t nearly as noticeable like they are with GTA3, which has got new textures, character models, etc. But when you look at 2 screenshots side by side, there?s still a clear difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Jakeway
                Im sure VC has had the same updates as 3. Is this "the IGN compare thing"

COMPARISON PIC
                Doesn't his hair just change each time there :P

Comment

That's the power of the Xbox right there

Comment

Have the (major) glitches that were in the US version been sorted out for the pal copy. If you don't know about them heres what they are.

GTA 3: the game crashes if you have music saved on your hard drive. The more music you have the more it crashes.

VICE CITY:Simalar problem. the pedestrians stop speaking if you have music on your hard drive.

Thanks.

Comment

I never experienced any of those issues.

Comment

Not experienced that as such but almost everytime I play the soundtracks don't work after a while. Both default stations and cd/tape deck don't work and I have to reboot to get them back. No other issues though.

Comment

Really? I had some stuttering problems with PGR2, but never for the GTA games. Not once. SOrry to hear you've had some problems.

Comment

I've had both games lock up on me - GTA 3 a few times when I went to save in the Staunton Island hideout; Vice City has frozen a few times while just driving about.

It's amazing how much better the game looks with trails turned off - especially if you're a sucker for shiny cars.

Comment

I've been playing it on the xbox and never really played it on the PS2 and I'm not that impressed.

-Locks-up during loading a saved game
                              -Loads of pop-ups
                              -Camera is all over place
                              -Most the missons are just a pain.

Comment

I played through Vice City on the PS2 and have never played GTA3 before.

I'm having lots of fun, not had any problems with lock up and I'm making good progress. I really miss the heli's and bikes from vice city but Im enjoying the excellent layout of Liberty City.

Very enjoyable but a bit hard on ocassion.

Comment

Working...
                                X