Should I get a DreamCast?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I get a DreamCast?

My local import shop has it for 34.00 bucks and I used to have one but traded it in. I still miss Soul Caliber.

Its a no-brainer really. Dreamcast is my favourite console ever, tbh. Although make sure you have some way of playing Jap games (if you like them that is) as there are lots of Japan exclusives that are fantastic. And they are still releasing games of course! Soul Calibur still looks amazing, after all these years

Comment

Yeah, go for it. My Dreamcast was probably the best ?18 I ever spent .

Comment

YES, YOU FOOL, GET A DC

Comment

If someone had a gun to my head and told me I could only keep one console, it'd be my Dreamcast. Actually that scenario's not that unlikely with my girlfriend, thinking about it.

Comment

GET A DREAMCAST YOU HAVE SMALL PENSIC OTHERWISE

Comment

Yeah, as other posters I would cling on to it if I had to choose one to keep!
              Be sure to get Crazy Taxi, the Shenmue games and SF3:TS!

Comment

And be sure to get Shenmue and Marvel vs Capcom, available for all good ollys in the sale folder!

Comment

Ancient Chinese proverb says:

Man without Soul Calibur is like man without balls

Comment

Ive got a jpn dc, and ive bought 50 odd games for it. Yet I still come to the glaring conclusion that:

1. the saturn is better
                    2. the dc is way over-rated

Comment

Nah, wouldn't bother myself. Spend the money on something else worthwhile. Or, get one really, really cheaply and download SC.

Comment

Get away!

Soul Calibur and the myriad of Capcom fighting games kick the Saturn into the last decade. Oh hang on... :P

We all have our faves but to say the DC was OVER-rated? C'mon man.

Comment

Yes, buy one you fool

I bought one 2nd hand last year after having never owned one...39 games covering every major genre and almost every official peripheral later I'm certain it's the best console ever made. And by a long margin IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Marklar
                            Nah, wouldn't bother myself. Spend the money on something else worthwhile.
                            Like the therapy you need?

Suggesting someone should buy a console and download the software is just low.

rep, How can the DC be overrated? It was shunned by the mass market and the only people that praise it are people who reside in gaming circles like these who experienced it for themselves and recognise the quality and diversity.

Che, go and buy a DC and enjoy what it offers.

Comment

For that price you be a fool not to buy one. A console way ahead of it`s time with vga support (how many consoles today can testify to that), internet out of the box and the vmu`s were a nice touch. If you have a LCD Monitor get the vgabox, just managed to get hold of soul calibur the other day and looks amazing on the my lcd screen. And rep as much a sega fan i am the saturn wasn`t a patch on the dreamcast.

Comment

Working...
                              X