No announcement yet.

Densha De Go Tokyo Express

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The trick here is to take your train on a free ride and work out how long (in distance) it takes you to brake at a given speed. Work out the distance and apply it approaching stations. Be warned, this method will normally get you to a station early, so slow up before the bars and drift in.

Just make the note at various speeds (as some station approaches differ) - like 40, 50, 60, 70, etc. Or work it out, thats half the fun and most of the skill.

By the way, all 3 TSR's are by the same company, rather then Sony/Taito. I forgot the name.

Comment

right... I thought maybe I was missing something with the language barrier, didnt realise it was as tough as it seems

I've mastered braking, but I'm always too slow, and I always fluff the last few meters.

what a game :P

Comment

You know your mastering it when you finish with your allocated points higher then the start.

You should also avoid using break notch 8 (and 7 when your really slowing).

DDG penalises you for poor ride to passengers, not using your horn at large bridges and all tunnels (and some crossings). Also, arrving early on the higher levels will knock numbers off your allocation. Be warned.

In DDG Pro 2 Your actually allow to stop in the platform, and re-start (drawing current) - you used to be penalised for this too.

Comment

Arriving early is a really bad idea as you will have speed restrictions applied further down the line which will more than likely end your game by making it impossible to meet the timetable. While arriving dead on time is extremely hard to do, try and keep within 5-10 seconds of the timetable. Braking should ideally be kept to a maximum of brake level 6 as you are deducted points for abrupt braking. This requires foreknowledge of the routes though as it's very easy to run out of time. I usually brake at around 450-500m at brake level 7. Speed, number of carriages and weather conditions do need to be considered. The advanced technique is to slowly reduce your braking level so you end with a 'rolling stop', but without memorisation this is nigh-on impossible. Braking accurately is much easier is you change the distance marker (in options) to cm. If you manage to stop at 00000cm you hear the peaceful sound of birds tweeting as the station report is displayed, aah!

When starting off from a station, make sure to only release the brakes below 5 once the door lights have lit up, otherwise you lose further points for safety. These are the points awarded at the end of your run, not the in game points system at the top of the screen.

As ever, my rough faq can be read here

Comment

Thanks greng, I'll check out your faq

Comment

Can anyone point me in the right direction for buying a DDG controller? I can't seem to find one anywhere, although yesasia.com have the tram and the Shinshanken Line controllers to order. Will either of these work with DDG2 Pro?

Comment

This page suggests you ought to use the Type-2 [USB edition] controller, but I reckon older versions will work just as well. This one will work fine for most trains, although I did find it made running a shinkansen train awkward as it offered less precision in accelleration (5 levels as opposed to the 14 odd required)

You can use those other two controllers, but they are specific to particular trains. The standard controller has 5 levels of accelleration and 8 levels of brake. The shinkansen controller has about 14? levels of accelleration and is designed mainly for the DDG! Shinkansen edition, but can be used in Pro 2, presumably only for the Shinkansen service. I don't know much about the Tram controller.

I'd go for the standard one and use a pad for the shinkansen/trams.

Comment

I've always wondered - does anyone know what that circular indentation is for that is on all of the Taito Densha controllers?

Comment

So, where can you get a Type-2 controller from?

Comment

Originally posted by Papercut
                      I've always wondered - does anyone know what that circular indentation is for that is on all of the Taito Densha controllers?
                      I've always wondered that!

Isn't it suppose to be a coffee holder?

Comment

It's to put your pocket-watch in.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Greng

I got one of those!!!

Comment

Originally posted by phillai
                              Originally posted by Greng
                              I got one of those!!!
                              Then why didn't you figure out what the slot was for eh? I've told you what it was before anyway! Get it out and use it. You can be JUST like a Japanese Train Driver

Comment

My copy of pro 2 arrived this morning, but one question....how do I actually get the train moving?!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X