Bujingai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bujingai

Think Shinobi crossed with a bit of Devil May Cry, and you're almost there with Bujingai.

Had a quick go on this last night, and the first thing you'll notice is how gorgeous it looks. Animation is superb, Gackt spins, pirouettes and fights beautifully. Combos wise it doesn't seem as deep as DMC, but it's still really, really fun.

Another thing I've noticed is how manouverable Gackt is. Wall-jumping, running along the wall and even briefly flying are all really easy, if a little unprecise. It's far superior to Shinobi in this respect.

There's loads of Kanji though, so I'm finding it a little hard to work out what's going on, but the cut-scenes are really cinematic.

Bbl, going to play this more

For those who haven't seen how incredibly free flowing this game looks like, go to official site http://www.bujingai.com/image/image.html and download some gameplay videos. Sick! I'm sure Saur would love this

Comment

Looks well cool...... Now if i only had some money!!!!

Comment

Well, I'm sold. Looks brilliant. Ordered.

Comment

I confirm, this game is great! It runs smooth at 60fps and it's great making all kind of action like jump and fly, run on the wall, fight with 2 sword and make many types of combo and so on. Monsters are very intersting and resemble a bit the first Devil May Cry (and this is a good thing). Boss are huge and very cool.
          Great music and many extra to unlock (now, I've unlocked the gackt music video). I hope this GREAT game will arrive in Europe. Now, I'm playing the japanese version and I like it very much (no prob with kanji, it's an action game!). Bujingai it's the best action game I've played after Devil May Cry (1): better than Shinobi, Kunoichi, Otogi, DMC2 and other ****ing not-so-enjoyable-stylish-game.

Comment

Is there any music by Gackt in this game?
            Hmm....I don't know if I should get this or Taiko no Tatsujin..

Comment

Originally posted by Vaipon
              Well, I'm sold. Looks brilliant. Ordered.
              Ditto.

It was either this or Seven Samurai 20xx. Glad I went with this one now.

Comment

I've been on this game solid since I got it >_<

It's amazing! The level of control you have over Lau along with the smooth simplicity of execution is what makes this game so much fun! It's just like playing the latest Hong Kong action movie, this type of insane swordplay SHOULDNT be so easy to deal, so fluid and so perfectly intuitive.

Lau is THE heaviest character I have played as in ages! It hurts to say it but.....I'm sorry Dante.....goodbye.

The combos are REALLY easy to do but the tactics are deep, you can lock onto enemies and start basic square button taps to go into his basic chain - but the wicked thing is you can switch lock-on to different enemies mid-combo without any kind of delay or animation cancel. When you start using this technique from floor to air and then homing into extra targets using his air dash (oh yeah, he can fly too! ) it's all carnage!
                Triangle button cancels whatever square button attack he is doing into a double slash - it's a simple flowchart (square is cancelled anytime with triangle - triangle is then cancelled by either square (juggle launcher), triangle (senpu), circle (equipped magic) or X (No-Shadow Kick))
                After a combo into uppercut it turns Marvel VS Capcom! You hit jump after an uppercut to autojump to the correct height - from here you can do either a basic square button combo or you can go stupid with frame cancels. During an air juggle you can restart the square button combo infinitely and it's so damn easy to do! You just do the juggle as taptap *pause* taptap *pause - as long as you get the pause in the right place he'll keep slashing with no loss of height - When the enemy has taken enough of a beating chain into a special to finish - it's sick!

Then there's the counter system! This game is like playing the action scenes of Storm Riders, Moon Warriors and Savior Of The Soul the swordplay is so sick I cant describe it! Just like in the HK movies characters dont give a damn where they are, floor, up a wall, in the air or whatever it doesnt matter as the swordplay continues to be seamless all the way. Neutral standing is autoguard - Lau will block any attack thrown at him by himself but his defence meter will decrease - while blocking you can counter with your own combo or roll sideways or even jump straight over the opponent to attack from behind. It's a simple system but the level of blocking and pure sick combos from the opponents makes this system alone enough to pwn Devil may Cry. The brer can even stop a torrent of water and counter it back - or block a huge energy beam only to send it back! This is by far the best action game I've played in ages, at the moment I prefer it to Devil May Cry.

Movement too - is so damn beautiful, there is nothing Lau cant do, it's SO easy to judge the stage's platform sections, you can run along or up walls indefinetly - his gliding/flying is proper graceful and a joy to control. They've worked the controls out so well you never have to think once you know the system, and putting your movement skills into the fighting is so wicked!

OMG Check this - He's got a special pose that counts as "just" defense! Easiest way to do it is to do the whole square button combo and on the last hit hold square down. If you batter someone so the uppercut takes his last energy hold square on the uppercut - the pose is TOO sick - mix it in with your fighting, how does he live with himself?!??!

Comment

Some good impressions there people - this, I particularly like -

Bujingai it's the best action game I've played after Devil May Cry (1): better than Shinobi, Kunoichi, Otogi, DMC2 and other ****ing not-so-enjoyable-stylish-game.
                  If I had some money, I'd pick this up, but for now I'll live vicariously - more impressions welcome

1 more thing - when you log onto www.bujingai.com a page pops up called 'Apology' - can anyone who can read Japanese explain what Taito are apologising for?

EDIT - bollocks. I've just downloaded & watched one of the vids - I can feel my credit card sliding out of my wallet... (the fight against the Chinese Dragon looks evil!)

Comment

Originally posted by charlie angel
                    EDIT - bollocks. I've just downloaded & watched one of the vids - I can feel my credit card sliding out of my wallet... (the fight against the Chinese Dragon looks evil!)
                    That Chinese Dragon is stunning! After I beat it I immeditely reset - I HAD TO do it again!

Comment

the average enemies feel like a normal hack and slasher - like saur has already said, the combo depth is immense with a fluidity of motion which is instantly accessible by the player with a control system that feels nigh on perfection - everything that you feel that the character should be able to do is do-able ........ fans of Hong Kong wire-flicks will absolutely love this game (it is called the first wire-game)

but the real beauty of the game is when you get to the boss battles - rather than being simple hack and slash it then shifts up a gear to feel like a fully fledged fighter --- blocking, combo's, feints, shifting attack focus around the boss -- its all there. the first boss encounter is jaw-dropping and it just gets better after that

one thing of special note - the pyrotechnics around your sword (and enemies weapons) is out of this world ... at times you will focus only on the effects coming off both your swords, but the 'zone' you are in means that you still will get off your combo's etc .....

Bujingai is truly a special game ... i thought that the first game by these developers was good in places (Gungrave) but this one has really pushed the boat out ... the depth isn't quite upto Shinobi/Kunoichi standards (which is quite possibly the deepest hack and slashers released upto now) but the ease of play surpasses both titles. its like an hong kong movie thrown into a console for your pleasure .. think of a good camera shot (which you would see in the movies) and the game also thinks of it and throws it at you ... so you looking as good as you can whilst pulling off 'all your crazy ****'

one thing that i really love about this game is when it starts ... straight away your into the action and if you are like me you start testing out all the moves at your disposal .. so you kick the **** out of the first 5 or 6 enemies and suddenly the titles kick in whilst showing a replay of your past few minutes work ..... you know that this is going on a vid before the end of the day

camps

Comment

Played this more today.

What I'm loving is the fact that the levels are dead easy to just fly through, skipping the enemies and just finishing the level for the sake of finishing it.

But for once, I prefer taking the long way around, to go kick some enemies arses! It's so much fun launching them up into the air, and then finishing them off with a good stab!

And I know what you mean Saur, that pose is phat! I love the way sometimes you get a drum beat, and the camera freezes and zooms in, it looks ****ing awesome!

And the boss fights, omfg!!!!

Comment

Mother****ers!

I didn't need any more encouragement to re-buy a PS2 but you lot just tipped me over the edge!

Sounds ace. I want!

Comment

OMFG!!11

I was caning off the first stage over and over last night to gain more orbs - once you power up your attacks to a high level the sheer number of hits you deal off the combos is insane! His air juggles are massive! Most of the time you dont even have to cancel the combo to deal more hits as he' deals a stupid number anyway! And his No Shadow Kick (X button after double slash)!!! OMFG!! Once you power it up loads it's insane - not only does he do the rapid kicks he launches into a whole new combo afterwards!

Managed to unlock the 2nd character model:
                            Originally posted by spoiler
                            It's Gackt wearing his shades, bussing black jeans and a shirt with snake-skin pattern - HE. LOOKS. PHAT!!!!!
                            Also unlocked the 2nd voice acting option too - it's much better as Gackt gives an almost constant commentary (it gives it an anime vibe)

About keeping the combo chains going, I found last night how to chain the entire 1st stage from start to finish. Runnng on walls, opening locked doors, hitting boxes/jars and cutscenes all reset the combo timer - so you can use them to keep the combo displayed until you run into the next batch of enemies.

That fight with the silver haired guy is THE heaviest thing I have seen in ages, you cant repeatedly fight this battle once beaten >_< - I'm going to start another data today and just leave it there so I can go back to it whenever cos it's DA ****!

Comment

Yeah Chad.... This game sounds sick.

And they're being -complete- bastards about it by hyping this wonderful sounding title to the high heavens...

Me wants. Pity I've already overspent this month. ><

Comment

Working...
                              X