Leaderbaord updated

Comment

Suzuka Short
      0.44.636 - Corvette C5R

soooooOOOooooo close.

Comment

Pfft, whatever -- 43.926.

Comment

marklar, gutted about that time! 0.002 seconds off the best time in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr
            marklar, gutted about that time! 0.002 seconds off the best time in the world.
            I have best down as 0.43.647

Leaderboard updated

Comment

OK, marklar. Need some hints. What car settings do you use? On the oval, my times seem to remain almost identical whatever settings I use.

Comment

I'm using the default settings; I got the US version so I knew what was going on and spent some time with it and it makes little or no difference, as far as I can tell (in terms of speed). The only thing I'm doing on the speedway is little or no braking on the final corner; use the handbrake to pull the nose in a bit. It takes loads of practice to do it right, but it's way faster overall. Using the handbrake around the first corners of Sukzuka will shave a fair bit off your time too. If it makes you feel any better, the replay I have is on lap 82+ or something

Most of the times I've set are after a few laps; they can be MUCH better, in my opinion. Especially the other courses, like Phillip Island, where there are only about 40-ish records on the Japanese board.

Comment

Actually, let me confirm my settings later 'cos I have a feeling (thinking about it) I am playing with a slightly different config

Comment

I found the same, the settings make vary little difference (compared to in GT3 for example) main ones I found need adjusting are acceleration to full (on most tracks) and steering to full also.

Comment

Handbrake, DAMN! wht didn't I think of that.....I am using conventional braking all the way round atm, a good wedge of the HB might do the trick.

Comment

Don't wedge it Tiny amounts are enough for the first corner on Suzuka; get the car pointing in the right direction and you're laughing. The second corner is harder because of the camber and often, I lose control so take it easy. Another good place for handbrakin' it is the beginning of Degner Curve.

edit: Here, the beginning of turn 4:

Comment

Damn! Shucks Bollocks Damn it all it Norfolk!

Suzuka Short
                          0.44.232 - Corvette C5R

Can't integrate that handbrake into my routine, thats just too damnd wierd. Unnatural.

Comment

OK, here's a challenge for you!

Do the first Vs race challenge, but use a Rally Class 1 car to win! You are racing against a GT1 car on tarmac. I've just done this. The replay looks hilarious.

How is everyone doing with the events in general? I've gold on all the Extra challenges. My god the sideways parking one without the barrier was tough. And 43% overall so far... eek. Long way to go.

Comment

I'm up to 83%. I stopped at the Rally event where you can't use a Rally car

edit: er, I think a Rally 2 is OK, but they stink

Comment

What do I have to do to get the Bentley up for sale in the car dealer?

Comment

Working...
                                X