No announcement yet.

The value of Terranigma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From what I can remember, Terranigma is not only a lockout chip deal, but also a frequency one. I have a friend Stateside who, despite overriding his lockout chip, still could not play the game. In the end he gave up.

As for a convertor, I can't really recommend one as I haven't got one myself. The Honey Bee is supposedly not bad, although I cannot say if that would be of any help to you. Worth a look into though - Lik Sang usually has a few in. On the other hand, a PAL Snes would only set you back about 25 squid these days so you may as well just buy one to play the game on.

I got my copy of Terranigma for ?40 on ebay, but it was mint in its box with the manual all present and correct. Lovely, lovely game though - I personally think more of it and the other two games in the Soul Blazer series than Link To The Past or Final Fantasy 6. Definitely worth the money I paid for it, and definitely worthy of investigating many ways of trying to get it to work if you have an NTSC Snes.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help - I am a bit vague on the matter. I'll see if I can find anything else out for you.

Comment

I remember when the SNES/SFC came out (i paid ?480 for my one from Shekhana in Tottenham Court Rd) and one magazine,forget which one, printed a list of combinations of games to use in order to get other games to run through a convertor.
      I dont have this list anymore but remember Mario Kart was a good one to use in the rear socket due to the extra chips it had in it, and for some reason Axelay aswell.
      Maybe its worth trying a few different combinations to see if you can get Terranigma to run.
      Best of luck
      Nick

Comment

I recently bought a mint copy of this from a guy in France, thinking it would have a option to put the text into english. It didn't but it came with a huge guide so this may help.

I also got Secret of Evermore and Illusion of Time. All mint with huge guides, but all in french.

Comment

Working...
        X