Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ikaruga+Border Down On 1 Disc on DC(PAL)???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whoever was selling it needs a good kicking. FFS. It's one thing pirating games that aren't available any more, it's another altogether pirating currently available retail games. And then trying to sell them on is taking it to the next level. If people carry on buying the trickle of DC games, they will continue to release more, but if they get pirated instead, we could miss out. Gah.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo-V6
      DC= Retro

I thought the DC was out of production now? thats why I posted it in Retro.

As i said before im not to hot on DC history
      DC is out of production yeah, but isn't it still classed as a "current gen" console?

Charles - let them keep trying to flog them. As long as nobody buys them they'll soon get bored.

Comment

IMHO the DC IS Retro.....No current hardware, no new game releases except Japan...if that isn't retro then neithere are the Vectrex, Atari 2600, Commodore 64and the Lynx which are still having games written and released for them.

Comment

Yeah, but the Dreamcast can still pretty much compete with the current gen consoles. It's not that far behind the PS2 in terms of processing power, are the Vectrex et al considered on the same playing field as the PS2?

Just try to find a Vectrex, Atari 2600, Commodore 64 or Lynx game in a shop >_<

Comment

Originally posted by Electric Boogaloo
            Yeah, but the Dreamcast can still pretty much compete with the current gen consoles. It's not that far behind the PS2 in terms of processing power, are the Vectrex et al considered on the same playing field as the PS2?

Meaning what?

A SNES competes quite happily with a GBA but that doesn't make it a retro console.

As it stands there is no official production or support for the Dreamcast...It is obsolete, withdrawn, a console from the (recent) past.....it is retro.

Just try to find a Vectrex, Atari 2600, Commodore 64 or Lynx game in a shop >_<
            Try finding a Dreamcast game in the shops around here...I need to buy them online, which is exactly where I can get new games for the other machines mentioned....no difference for me...less choice, granted, but it's fundamentally the same thing.

Comment

With regards to official support for the dreamcast, Sega may not be producing the console anymore but many shops still sell the consoles brand new. Sega haven't given on up the software side of things either, as shown by the new Puyo Puyo Fever.

And it is pretty easy to find Dreamcast games in the decent gaming shops, I have a store near me which gets in all the new releases.

Comment

Exactly, you don't need to search special magazines + websites to find Dreamcast games. Likening it to the ****ing Atari 2600 is the biggest joke I've read in ages.

With Psyvariar 2, Shikigami no Shiro 2 and Puyo Puyo Fever out soon, it's hard to say that it's still retro.

Let me prove my point

Sega still selling Dreamcasts online with Puyo Puyo Fever boxed sets.

People going crazy on the streets of Japan for this game

Border Down wasn't released too long ago, and plenty of obscure Japanese games are being released.

Even in the PAL market, as Blu3Flame says, it's not hard to find Dreamcast games in town. Or even consoles.

Calling it Retro is an extreme view, but calling it uber-retro is moronic.

Comment

I ask you what kind of demented society we live in where a 128-bit console is considered "retro"...

LOL OMG WTF TBH

Comment

Oh wow I didn't realise Sega were still actually selling Dreamcasts

Even in the PAL market, as Blu3Flame says, it's not hard to find Dreamcast games in town. Or even consoles.
                    Yup Indeed they are easy to find, the problem at the moment though is they are extremely cheap new ~?20 for the "Ultimate Pack" bundle, so as soon as people get wind of which shops are selling them ebay scum come along and clear them out. Kind of the same with the ?20 Gamecubes which were about recently, thats why there are so many on ebay at the moment.

Comment

Seems they're actually rereleasing the console on its own in a couple of weeks.

BTW, that Border Down bootleg is pretty awful - forced 50hz (=way too slow) on a PAL machine. Er, apparently.

Comment

Good stuff.

Wish Sega would realise the Treamcast tho.

Comment

OK guys, I admit defeat....just playing devils advocate really!

I love the Dreamcast..my favourite modern console, and wasn't really aware of the level of support for it.

I concede, if Sega are about to start selling them again and it is still being supported by them and others , Its not retro.

By the way what is "Uber retro"...is that like in older retro than retro that isn''t as old?

Unfortunately I've got to a stage where any console with a load of high gameplay content games that are fun to play feels retro, simply because so much of the modern stuff I find dull and tedious.

And by the way, Boogaloo, calling it uber retro is probably uber moronic!

Comment

"It's a really crap bootleg too; bordered (teh irony) if running on a PAL DC"

Not if it has a 60hz patch...

Comment

A 128 bit console capapble of keeping up with all the current generation of consoles is not retro inany way. Retro is from another age, a NES, 2600 not a highly capable 3d console, whether there are games for it or not, doesnt matter.

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2
                                "It's a really crap bootleg too; bordered (teh irony) if running on a PAL DC"

Not if it has a 60hz patch...
                                But it doesn't; I think that was dvdx2's point.

I would imagine, though, that you can use the same trick that I do with legitimate imports on my DC, and run them through the VGA adaptor - everything is 60Hz in VGA mode.

Comment

Working...
                                X