Ninja Gaiden OXM US Demo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*Response to Firsty's now edited post*

Select part01 using Winrar. Press the "Extract To" button. Pick a destination and it will unpack automatically.

Comment

Thx.

Ok so this is officially the first Xbox game I've played.
      I just noticed a fair amount of screen tearing.
      Do Xbox games normally have VSynch turned off?

Comment

Yeah, I noticed the tearing too. I've never seen it in Xbox games before, most of the time it Vsyncs properly. Its probably optional.

Comment

Oh my Christ!
          I just been playing this again.
          It's SOOOOO GOod.
          Too bad about the dodgy voice acting...terrible!

Tip, change to the Vagoorian Flail!
          COMBOOOOO!

Comment

When is it available? (American release)

Comment

US release date : March the 2nd or 3rd.

Yeah, the Flail = Combo-City. I've got some massive (i think ) combos in the room with the two revolving walls.

Comment

Sat up till 1 AM this morning getting this downloaded and unpacked...well worth it, looks like a great game IMHO

Comment

Wow what a great game. The combat works really well and there are a great selection of moves. I am concerned about the camera however. Is there a way to manually move it? I've died a number of times because of dodgy camera placement.

Looking forward to full release. There are loads of good games out this week and next. (Gaiden, Tekki Online, Onimusha 3 and SP Famicom!!)

Nice

FB

Comment

For anyone who can't play this demo (I dread to think when the UK OXM will run it), I uploaded some pixel perfect debug screenies:

Huzzah!

Comment

Looks superb, I can't wait for this one.

Thanks for the screens ed

Comment

Thanks ed; just making me want NG some more...

Comment

With the delay of the USA version to the first week of March, it will also have a knock on effect to those who have preordered the JPN version (with or without extra goodies) which will ship on March 11th.

Here is Tecmo's press release, for those that can read Japanese.

Comment

Finally got the demo today, and after a rather shakey and disappointed start I am now loving the game. I found it quite hard to control at first and the combat was a bit button mashy, but with some practice I can now get through the level without too many problems.

Although you can change weapon, I think the standard Dragon Sword completely destorys it for style and skill. The shadow attacks you can pull off are crazy, the super move you can do when there are enough orbs in the room is the most impressive special I've seen in ages.

Camera is annoying though. The amount of times I've fallen down that damn trapdoor...

Impresed so far anyway. The impressions of the final game from IGN\Gamespot sound good too.

Comment

This game makes me want an Xbox. Unfortunately I'm going to have to wait.

Comment

In response to the various tearing problems people are talking about, I suspect this is due to it being:

a) an NTSC version of the game
                                b) currently without any v-sync
                                c) run on an Xbox with its eeprom set to PAL

I don't get any tearing problems at all when playing it in NTSC. I can't imagine that there'll be any cross-territorial problems like this when the game goes gold either. The one Xbox game I've seen which had noticable tearing no matter how you ran it was Simpsons: Hit & Run ... and that was a bag of ****e anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X