Harvest Moon - Gamecube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harvest Moon - Gamecube

Got this through the post today, and I must say, it's an absolute wonderful game so far. You certainly miss out on the dialogue, but that's not too much of a worry.

It's definately alot of fun, and the village you're in is quite massive actually. Much bigger than Animal Crossing.

I've been given a pet dog and cow to start off with. I've fed the cow once, but i'm not sure how to feed it again. I'm quite afraid it's going to die.

I've let him out into the field, to hopefully he'll munch on some grass.

Lovely visuals too, the water effects look stunning.

Did anybody pick this up? I'll probably pick up the US version too. Just to see what i'm actually being asked to do.

~Scott

Oooh, excellent!

I have had the US version on pre-order for 5+ months now. Can't wait for it to arrive.

How long do the days last? I have noticed that there never seems to be enough hours in each day on Friends Of Mineral Town - a day lasting approximately 10 minutes. Does the GameCube version slow things down and give you time to explore?

As for feeding the cow... err... try going into town to buy some cow fodder from the place you bought it. Hopefully in the barn you keep it in there should be a little box that gives you a bit of food if you go up to it.

Not sure if any of that will help mind - I am going purely on what previous versions of the game have

Comment

It seems to be a minute in the game is one second in real life. So that's not very long. Could be a bit longer, but you still get time to explore.

Man, my poor cow. I've let him graize on this field there is that you can let him out. So I hope he isn't too hungry!

Some guy called Ban the Man. Or something just came into town to sell some stuff. I bought something off him for 1000G (One third of my money ) And it seemed to stop my guy from being hungry or sleepy. But what a waste. Heh.

Hmm, maybe he was selling cow food...

I hope so, I don't want Sniper to die.

Class game though dude, you should love it. There's loads of houses and people wondering all over the village which is cool.

Comment

Sweet jesus where did you get it from. The US release date for it is not until 16th March!!!!1111 TBH

Comment

Its the Japanese release, which has been out for months.

Comment

Thanks for clearing that up for me oh kind sir.

Comment

When you pick your dog up, how do you hold it? 'cause on the SNES you held it in front of you, which was good, but on the GBA you hold it above you, which is daft.

Comment

Its held out in front of you !!!

Comment

I've worked out how to feed the cow, and to make hay.

This game i awsome. What's most surprised me, is that i've smiled all through playing it. And i'm smiling just thinking about it.

That to me show's it's a class game.

Comment

glad you like it then 007

Comment

I have had this on preorder forever. Because of financial concerns, and they already sent me my cow, plus I really want it, this game will be sole purchase this month. I haven't played any of the other ones prior to it though.

most commas ever!

Comment

They sent you a cow??!?!?!

Where did you pre order? I want one

Comment

Neither have I. And this came rocks. I've been playing it all afternoon, with a big ol' grin on my face. It's great fun.

BUT

It's very hard. Now, it's probably because i'm playing the JPN version, but growing crops. Good luck! I'm sure i've missed the part on what crops to grow and what not... But oh well. I'm still enjoying it.

I'm even enjoying it more than I did Animal Crossing!

And Che, can I buy that cow off you please?

Comment

I got my cow from EBgames and currrently Mrs Che is the keeper of the cow.
                            It was a preorder special they had.

It was also for the GBA one too:

I only have one though.

Comment

Well, with such a love in of the game I had to pre-order a copy. I can't wait, I've always fancied myself as a bit of a farmer.

Comment

Working...
                              X