No announcement yet.

katamari damashii

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The crab level is one of the 'Constellation' levels, which basically seem to be bonus rounds. How they tie-in to completion, I don't know, but you seem to be able to tackle them at any point, and aren't necessary for progress (you don't have to do well in them to progress, and can leave them completely if you want). Later ones are very hard, particularly:

The cow and bear ones, where you have to avoid milk cartons and bear statues.

You can tell which levels are these constellation levels, as they don't have numbers next to them, which normally indicate which level you're up to.

I don't find it hard working out what you can and can't pick up. With static objects, you just have to try them out, although a good rule of thumb is that anything of equal height to your ball can't be absorbed into the pile.

As for live creatures, it's dead easy! If they get the little "!!!" sparks of surprise above their heads when you come near, it means you can absorb them. The first of a type you hit will get knocked flying, land upside down, and then the rest of that type of creature you can just collect by rolling over them. This is unless you've reached an even greater size, wherein you just roll right over everything first time

As for the controls, well, maybe you just need a bit more time on them? They take a little getting used to but they are perfectly weighted and consistent, an eventually become very precise (which is handy, due to some of the tight manoeuvering you have to do later).

After talking about it, I now have to run off and play it....so addictive.....

Comment

Well, can I just say that the bigger the ball the more fun the game. When you start picking up just about anything there is a strange feeling of...power(?) about it. Very, very odd. Almost impossible to describe really.

I'm slowly but surely falling in love with this game. Even the music is growing on me so fast that it is probably as good as Drill Land (which is a very scary thing to say).

Based on first impressions, I give this 739 out of chips and bacon.

Comment

I dare people to dislike this game once they've had a 24m ball and have chased hot-air balloons around

Comment

yeh~!! my fell thro the post yesterday (must be asian version-_-)

there's really nothing new to say.. it's just super addictive and getting more mental by the stage.. 0_o
          basically it just keeps topping itself for strangeness and humour.
          i just like to add, the selection screen is really cool, (walking around a mini globe) and floating to the other planet/mushroom.__.

I cannot imagine anything being this weird and enjoyable this year~

.bikutaa

Comment

You're all a bunch of bastards. I have bought this now (for the price of one very much needed kidney). I ****ing hate you all!

Comment

haha we fooled you.
              go play your game with only the one kidney...and if you don't like it then....sell it on here

Comment

Cacophanus - well that was me and bujingai a few weeks ago.

This forum is very good for enthusiasm. Not so good for the bank balance.

As for KD, it's getting to the front cover level of lump now, hee hee!!

I look forward to videos of perfect runs in time to come.

Comment

OMFG!!!!

Originally posted by spoiler
                  Just started a level and the target is...

300m!!!!

Comment

i've just rolled up hot air balloons too with 30m~!!
                    ended with 48m92cm5mm

this is *my* game of the year~!! !!

(i got work later today, but i'm addicted^^*)
                    *rabu* *rabu*

.bikutaa

Comment

Razu:

That's the last 'proper' level, as I'm sure you know now! ^_^
                      Expect the review very, very soon. After the review, expect me to witter on about the game in here far past my 1000-odd word remit....

Comment

Looking forward to it. For some reason I love to read reviews after playing games.

My last level was the 10m limit one, could I work out what I was supposed to do?

I did the humungous level and ended up with a somewhat rude 870m ball. When I saw an airport wobble to show it was almost ready for picking up I nearly cried. To think, a few hours ago I had assumed trees and rocks were fixed into the ground. Ground? I'll have that too, and the clouds...

And the credits, did I mention the credits??

Comment

Razu: I had the exact same feelings! That is one of the greatest ending levels of a game ever, without a doubt

What height did you reach on it, btw? I got to 890 Metres

Comment

I've just reached the final stage, but I also have a couple of 'bonus' stages to do.

One of them
                            has a Square in the top right corner, and pressing Square brings up the king and he tells you something. What am I meant to be doing on this level?
                            I only looked at it briefly though, so I'm probably missing something obvious. I assume it is possible to go back to the game after finishing it in order to get more stuff?

2 Presents so far, Crown and Guitar...must do better....

Comment

PeteJ:

I think the level has a 10m limit and you have to get as close to it without going over, Price is Right style.

When you press square the King either tells you it's not big enough or asks whether you're happy to submit your lump. But you don't find out how big it is until you either go over 10m and fail or submit and end your run.

I could be wrong though
                              I'm going back through all the levels now. Have a look through the tree on the 'main menu' world, there's tons of stats on objects you have picked up. Getting 100% on all might be a bit difficult. Unless when you pick up an object it also counts the objects that are attached to it.

I've now got...

A crown
                              Three scarves
                              A guitar - which is cool
                              Some funky dudes on my multiplayer mushroom.

Comment

I've just finished the game, awesome final level. Credits were ace!

I've just unlocked:
                                Cutscene select
                                Soundtrack listing!!!11

You need to press Triangle on the level select to bring up the cutscene select, and then R1 for the soundtrack. Yay!. The final track is probably my fave (from level 9), it's so smoooooth
                                I've already got 100% on a few things, most are between 50-80% however...

Comment

Working...
                                X