No announcement yet.

Steel Battalion: Line of Contact

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

those that have the game now, what connections have you got ul/dl etc and do u have problems getting into campaigns etc?

wanna make sure that my cable connection will handle it b4 shelling out (been reading some forums and now im paranoid)

mine are
    238 ul
    1024 dl

this is what my pc says doing a speed test

my xbox (is a lying peice of ****)
    110ul
    9024dl

cheers
    jason

Comment

Ok so if I get a PAL Xbox Live and the US/PAL version of this game, could I get it running on my JP unmodded xbox?

And how is the servers atm? shoddy? I need someone to convince me to buy this :/

Comment

PEople are having trouble logging onto games, i have Line of Contact, but i have yet to go online (waiting for my m8 to get his copy). Capcom are sorting it though, a patch is expected to be released sooo.

Comment

Well the US version runs on a PAL Xbox ok so assume that it will run on Jap one.

I've been playing it every night for the past week and only had lag issues when playing people in Japan, other than that this is as good as any other Xbox Live game online. Great fun if you get a bunch of cool players.

BTW my Online gaming handle is Harry Callahan for anyone who wants to play.

Neil.

Comment

Originally posted by fragmast3r
            my xbox (is a lying peice of ****)
            110ul
            9024dl
            I have similar numbers for upload, and I've only been able to get into a campaign mission once. Unfortunately, I don't think you're going to be able to play campain missions (6 person minimum) reliably.

You should be fine for 4-5 person Free Missions, though. And those are still plenty fun to play.

Comment

im gonna let it be delivered and try it, if i can play all game modes i'll keep it, failing this i'll flog it

Comment

What's the stock levels like this time? Will it still be retailing in a couple of months time?

Comment

id imagine its gonna be scarce again

do u mean game or game/controller?

Comment

Get it from videogamesplus.com about ?25 and you`ll get it in 3 days

Comment

Played the pal version at the weekend and really enjoying it (despite never playing the original).

The connection problems are a [pain in the arse though and it took me a good 30 minutes before I could actually get in a game. Once started though, there was no lag at all (despite playing with a load of yanks).

Providing Capcom sorts out the connection, this is already looking like it could be my most played title.

If anyone fancies kicking my arse, my gamer tag is strider UK

Comment

Heh, let's bump this one so people don't forget to comment

Originally posted by me

You know what? I reckon you'd have got me anyway! Granted, I did a fair bit of killing last night but the whole gameplay has a slightly different feel to it from the first game. It's a bit disorientating (i.e. I had my arse handed to me a few times*, mostly Japanese players... ).

Most scary of all is the physical connection to the environment through the legs of the VT; none of this sliding feet malarky, the VTs walk properly and it translates through to the whole cockpit. Immersion at an all time high

Damn slick online though, when it works well. I say that, because I played for around 5 hours last night yet my actual play time is around 40 minutes Very good though, everyone should have this in their collection.

* In one game, I ran out of supply VTs (hint to newbies, by at least five mechs -- you'll need 'em) and couldn't respawn. No biggy really, I get a mark on my record as having lost. Only then, I'm not allowed to join in the campaign for a while -- this appears to be due to the turn based nature of the games played; I can't join in until supply points have been "refreshed" or something. Very cool...

Another n00b hint, don't bite off more than you can chew either -- if nobody else is in the game, due to resupply or whatever and you lose a VT, withdraw (don't respawn) and save your other VTs and points!

Comment

Well the excitment lasted all of 30 seconds, any1 on a telewest connection can forget about this, i am on the 1 meg connection, i have 1 meg dl and 256k upload. in 5 hours ive managed 2 games on line, both games i had a ****ty x, terrible lag and the games i got into were against complete tossers.

via the pc when i do speed checks i get
                          238 UL and 1030 DL

via xbox and the y button i get
                          112 UL and 1020 dl and a ping of 173 with 20/20 packets

ive tried with router on/off using same cables as go into pc, using a new cable and to no avail

its up- for sale tomorrow me thinks

one fuked of jason

Broadband Speed Test Results
                          Results from broadband speed test recorded on Wednesday, 24 March 2004, 23:26.

Downstream 992 Kbps (124.0 KB/sec) 1071 Kbps (inc. overheads)
                          Upstream 238 Kbps (29.8 KB/sec) 257 Kbps (inc. overheads)

Comment

Dude, don't let a couple of games put you off man -- it's wicked online, when it works. Connection problems are common to all games, it happens from time to time. I have the same connection as you (NTL though, same difference?) and sometimes it is really flakey, where as last night I hosted a free battle fine and played cross JPN/US games, without a hitch.

Give it a few more days at least, I'll try hosting a few when I get back on (frustrating, not playing it... ).

Which side you join??

Comment

I think my experience is similar to Marklars in that i can have some storming games then have trouble getting into any or only getting into rubbish ones. Hopefully as more PAL gamers get on then more games will become available.

Comment

Another n00b tip -- if you're gonna buy a Vitzh (and plenty of them), learn to get under cover and switch the toggles off if things are looking hairy. Then, just pray your opponent didn't see you moving around/notice the targetting cursor (2nd. gen)

Works well, especially if you're occupying enemy bases...

Comment

Working...
                                X