Saturn Emu On Xbox?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saturn Emu On Xbox?

I was interested to know if a decent Saturn emu exists for the Xbox, I have heard that a PS1 emu has been made, so perhaps the Xbox could handle a Saturn emu as well.

no, sorry!

The PC emus bearly even work!

Comment

seen as it can hardly run on a top of the range pc i doubt it will be possible at all to run on that underpowered thing

Comment

Originally posted by Firsty
        no, sorry!

The PC emus bearly even work!
        I thought SEGA's emulator worked extremely well.

Comment

Thats a real shame,
          how is it that the PS1 can be emulated by the Xbox while the Saturn can't, wasn't the PS1 commonly perceived as a vastly more powerful machine than the humble Saturn?

Comment

The Saturn had a bitch of an architecture that not even the best game makers got to grips with so it would be a nightmare for someone to emulate all the functions.

The PSone was a relatively straightforward machine by comparison.

Comment

The Saturn is the much more powerful machine, however it is a bitch to programme for. The PSX was easier to program for, therefore getting to grips with the hardware and abusing its tricks happened quicker.

Comment

How good a quality is the PS1 emulator for the Xbox?

Comment

Originally posted by Halo
                  The Saturn is the much more powerful machine, however it is a bitch to programme for. The PSX was easier to program for, therefore getting to grips with the hardware and abusing its tricks happened quicker.
                  so theoretically, if developers had continued to create for the machine and learn to exploit it, they could have achieved results as good as/better than those on the PS1? could it have handled the same kind of graphics and processing as the ps1 if people had bothered to learn to manipulate it?

Comment

The Saturn was a completely different architecture to the PS1. It had alot of good points, such as hi-res modes and the abilility to focus one CPU on the backgrounds and the other on the polygons.

At the end of the day the Saturn was a tough cookie to get to grips with. It was obvious the machine had the power to create unique graphically excellent experiences such as Guardian Heroes, Panzer Dragoon and Radiant Silver Gun, amongst other AAA titles. Sadly the PS1 was too well designed amd simple to programme, which meant most developers soon forgot about the woes of Sega`s tough beast.

Comment

no saturn emu on xbox coz its not really in demand. besides most, if not all, emu's on xbox are ports of pc ones anyway, and seeing as the pc ones are so unoptimized (i got giri giri on my p4 2.8 and vf2 is about 20fps but it looks quite nice) due, again, to lack of both interest and, more importantly, technical documents it's a wonder why anyone would bother

I wish there was as it would have been really nice. shame Sega decided not to bring out SatCast on the DC...maybe for the same reasons

Comment

Working...
                      X