No announcement yet.

Shikigami no Shiro II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yakumo that is very, very nice indeed...but wheres your cat?
    It was gobbled up by a hungry Game Cube owner The Dreamcast version maybe missing the cat but the other goodies more than makes up for it.

Yakumo

Comment

im waiting from play asia for my LTD ED version if it turns up tommorrow with my supergun it gonna be a toss up between this and ketsui - i love shooters

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo
        Yakumo that is very, very nice indeed...but wheres your cat?
        It was gobbled up by a hungry Game Cube owner The Dreamcast version maybe missing the cat but the other goodies more than makes up for it.

Yakumo
        hmm this

or this

i know what one im getting,long live the DC

Comment

Hmm. what's going on there then?

My cat's got a red bib, whereas that ones got a yellow bib. Hmm.

Have I won?

(I'm certainly not winning playing it on the GC - it's cock hard)
          - best game I've had this year though...it's incredible.

Comment

My cat has a red bib/scarf. Us GameCube owners got the red cat, yellow cat for the Dreamcast version.

Comment

*after looking at the cat pic*

Looks like that's the 2P colour (where the normal colour is Red) which is supposedly more @@@R4R3@@@
              The label on the front of the big box supposedly tells you this.

Not that i know Japanese of course.

Comment

my ps2 copy arrived this morning, taking a magnificent 4 days from play-asia economy shipping.

This is the first shiki game Ive played, and its truly fantastic so far. I love the tension system, and also the amazing artwork. Ive been playing for about an hour or so, and will be playing some 2player tonight.

Its a real culture shock though. Im used to just going in guns blazing, rather than taking time to read the situation and wait for the enemy to increase in numbers! Superb

Comment

christ, my copy from play-asia turned up today! I am blessed!!!

First impressions are very good, like it a lot. But 61 blocks needed on the memory card for the system save is taking the ....! I'm no programmer, but I can't see why on earth you need a save that large for a shoot em up!

EB

Comment

Anyone have any links to some godlike videos? Im doing ok, but would like to see how its done.

I'll be buying the appreciate dvd soon, but in the meantime any videos would be awesome.

Comment

I received my copy today

Comparing it to the GameCube version, there are very few differences. Loading times are fractionally faster on the Cube, but nothing you'd really notice. The Dreamcast version has a slightly higher resolution (more horizontal lines), and the filtering on the Cube makes 2D elements slightly blurrier than the DC version (possibly a result of the lower resolution). Weirdly game saving seems faster on the DC than the Cube, though a 61 block save file is madness.

What you'd expect really for a Naomi port - the DC version is almost certainly arcade perfect, and the Cube version (lower res, blurrier) is not quite.

I'm not sure about unlockables yet, but they seem to be the same as the Cube version. Practice Mode, Story Recollect and Gallery Mode are all present, and the same Options are available.

Comment

The DC one has extra options to mess about with the bullet sizes. Other than that, the extras are the same from the NGC version.
                        Not too sure if the artwork in the gallery is the same.

Still waiting with baited breath for mine.

Comment

The gallery is almost the same, I've just checked and the Cube version has 9 extra images (assuming that all unlockable pictures are greyed out at the start).

I've just noticed one big-ish difference between the two, in horizontal video mode the Cube version has background art, when the DC version doesn't. I was playing rotated, so I hadn't noticed.

re: version exclusive options, Cube version has Wait (arcade slowdown), DC version has extra life settings and BGM test. I don't see anything about bullet sizes - where did you read that?

Comment

I'm certain i read it on the official SnSII site for DC.
                            As well as modifying shot speed/ size, you can edit the size of your buzz zone.

Originally posted by Alfa system Engrish
                            -' EXTRA OPTION ' withgame favoritecustomization possibility. Size and speed and striking back pattern etc. of the bullet can be modified freely.
                            (Even in PS2 edition equipment)

* Speed modification possible (50% - 300%) of enemy bullet
                            Unintentionally about the laughing っ ちゃ う it is possible for you to finish to avoid the enemy bullet of wonderful speed? ?

* Shooting returning pattern modification possibility
                            You shoot straightly and are returned, or shoot in radial pattern and are returned? Furthermore capture method probably will be invented!

* Range modification possibility of TBS range
                            It is possible to enlarge the range of TBS.
                            If the range is expanded, the pleasant sensation of x8 is achieved bodily sensation easily.
                            The official site - Shikigami no Shiro II Dreamcast

Does the DC version (played on horizontal) just play with regular black borders on the left and right?
                            Because on the site it still has images of artwork filling those borders. Unless those cheeky scamps are lifting off NGC images

Comment

It must be an unlockable then, those options are not available from the start.

Comment

I've not got mine yet but the page says there is "Extra Option".

-Size of bullet modification 50%-300%

-Speed of bullet modification 50%-300%

-Shooting pattern modification

-Range TBS modification

EDIT - beaten to it

Comment

Working...
                                X