Shikigami no Shiro II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by geektanic weezmacht
    Does the DC version (played on horizontal) just play with regular black borders on the left and right?
    You have the option to move score etc. onto the borders (as with the Cube version) but the backgrounds are just black.

Comment

i got my LTD version today and oh yes im very impressed i prefer this to my copy of psyvariar 2,respect to ALFASYSTEM you have done us DC owners proud

Comment

Received it today from playasia (finally)
        The only immediate differences i can find are:

- The soundtrack sounds ever so slightly different, not the whole track, but bits here and there.

- The dramatic slowdown on bosses (when destroyed) is a bit hit and miss. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. It's really quite random.

- On the 3rd stage, end boss, 2nd form attack, it hasn't slowed down. Because on the NGC version you would always get slowdown, which makes it slightly easier. On the DC version it hasn't slowed down so far, and goes at full speed.

- The 2D end bosses seem to have more 'tone' to them, and don't look quite as 'white' sprites as they did on the NGC version.

- (going from memory) In the NGC version, when in practice mode, after selecting Kuga his portrait changes slightly when choosing a stage to practice.
        Now in the DC version when choosing which stage, his portrait is the same as when you choose which type of shiki you want.

Overall, it was quite easy to get back into the groove, with my 4th or 5th go i managed to get to 4-1 before totally throwing it all away ;p

Comment

I'd noticed the slowdown was different between the two. I'd guess the gcn over compensates, and the DC slows down just like the arcade, but who knows?

re: soundtrack, I can't tell any difference (remember there is original and remix).

re: sprites, I think thats down to the blurrier filtering on the gcn.

Comment

Yeah, i know about the remixed soundtrack.

It's just the odd blip/ beep that sound more pronounced from what i can remember from the NGC version. Probably just my ears

There's definitely less 'wait' during gameplay. I expected the slowdown on known parts of a stage, but it didn't happen. In general the stages and bullet patterns go at their normal rate, with small amounts of slowdown on certain parts of a stage. Definitely not as much as the NGC version.

Has anyone unlocked the EX options yet?
            Because i want to know whether the 'Boss Battle' option remains intact from the PS2 version.

Comment

Originally posted by geektanic weezmacht
              - (going from memory) In the NGC version, when in practice mode, after selecting Kuga his portrait changes slightly when choosing a stage to practice.
              Now in the DC version when choosing which stage, his portrait is the same as when you choose which type of shiki you want.
              I noticed that you're right about this too!

How long ago did you play the NGC version? You have a very good memory

Comment

Originally posted by englishbob
                christ, my copy from play-asia turned up today! I am blessed!!!

First impressions are very good, like it a lot. But 61 blocks needed on the memory card for the system save is taking the ....! I'm no programmer, but I can't see why on earth you need a save that large for a shoot em up!

EB
                4 letters per name instead of 3, plus theres like 7 or so characters? two types for each character so thats 14 boards of 20? people each, then theres two modes of play so thats 28 boards it saves. Some shmups take up like 4 blocks, times that by 28 so its pretty good in the end really

Comment

Recieved mine this morning and it gets a huge thumbs up!

Graphically its incredibly sharp and vibrant, Much more so than the Cube version which I thought was excellent at the time. Alfa System and Sega have done wonders with the port and Im really impressed that it has significantly less slowdown than the Naomi original.

The lack of a graphical border when not playing in tate is a little strange after having the Cube version for so long but maybe its hidden in the EX options that I haven't unlocked yet.

Its such an enjoyable and well put together game, Go and buy it people

Comment

Originally posted by Papercut
                    How long ago did you play the NGC version? You have a very good memory
                    I have a knack for keeping useless bits of information in my memory banks.

Now back to the question at hand...
                    Let's see... sometime last year, around mid - late December i think.
                    Since i got the NGC version in late October, i ate/ sleeped and breathed SnSII, such was the immense playability of it.

It quite possibly has the most soothing character select music ever. Plus the 'Gallery' music is not too shabby either.

Comment

The GC version has an option to put the slowdown back in to match the arcade speed for purists apparantly (I havent got it).

On the DC version there's a screen where you select normal or easy (up or down) and in between there's a left/right selection which says On and Off. What's that for?

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr
                        The GC version has an option to put the slowdown back in to match the arcade speed for purists apparantly (I havent got it).
                        Yeah, but it doesn't actually match the DC (and presumably the arcade). The GCN version has more slowdown, as discussed above.

Originally posted by charlesr
                        On the DC version there's a screen where you select normal or easy (up or down) and in between there's a left/right selection which says On and Off. What's that for?
                        Cut scenes on or off.

Comment

started playing this at the weekend and i remembered just why the original shikigame no shiro and SnS Evolution are 2 of my favourite shooters of all time

the risk vs reward scenario has never been implemented as well as this - its all about brushing that last bullet to get your tension multiplyer staying at x8

playing ps2 version at the mo - hopefully my dc version will arrive in the next day or so (plus i am picking up both gcn and xbox devs) - this game is one which needs supporting big time

Comment

Working...
                          X