No announcement yet.

Zooo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for that phillai, I think I'll give it a go.

Comment

I've just been reading up and found that the arcade version is on the Naomi. I wonder if enough interest is shown that a DC port might be considered

Opens up photoshop....

Comment

Wow, if only that was 100% true...

Comment

Phillai- Thanks for that link to the full game, it looks real good and is fun to play.
          I'm thinking of getting the GBA version if I can find it slightly cheaper.
          Few questions- is the in game music on the GBA one similar to the website tunes or different? Also are there little mad cut scenes?
          Last one, what kind of modes are there (time attack, complete set puzzle in X moves, etc).
          Ta, Stu.

Edit- Forget what modes are available, just seen that gamefaqs link and know what modes it has.

Comment

The GBA and PS2 version of Zoo has different music to the Zoo Keeper game on the net but are almost the same though...
            The PS2 version has a remixed version of the GBA music.
            This music to Zooo by the way fits the game perfectly.

There are no cut scenes that I can see but the PS2 presentation is very nice... Can't 100% say for certain though as I've not played it that much (been playing more of the GBA Zooo!)

What you guys probably don't know is that when you've got about 5 seconds left or so, the whole screen goes all wobbly and then you start panicking trying to find a 3 in a row link before the time runs out...

This is one of the better touches of Zooo that isn't shown at all on the Zoo Keeper.

Also, on the PS2 and GBA versions... When you've reached the next level any remaining time you have from the previous level is carried over unlike Zoo Keeper.

Comment

My GBA version arrived today. It's cool. The best addition for me is that it shows you where the possible triples where when you die. There's also a cheaty button you can press a few times if you're desperate.

The cursor instead of mouse works really well. You just position it over the square you want to move, press A, then push the direction you want it to move to swap. Better than having to move then press A again.

Right, just one more go...

Comment

Anyone know what the last page of the manual is on about? It seems to have a button sequence, (right, right, ?, left, right ?, right, left). I haven't managed to make anything happen. Perhaps because I have the wrong end of the stick

Comment

Games like this should be banned - I've got work to do this afternoon, damn it, and now I'm too busy with this...

Comment

You are evil, that game is wickedly addictive. Now I have to get it...

Comment

I have been playing the GBA version for a few days now and my best scores were somewhere around 120-140,000, but I had mainly been getting 90,000 or so. Then, on my first go this afternoon I got 337,000. Didn't do anything special, it all just clicked.

I have only just noticed the top score on the high score table is 600,000. I must try harder

BTW, does anyone else start off well for a few goes then turn into a complete mong? I suffer massive brain-fade after about twenty minutes.

Comment

428,000. Yay!!

Level ten is a bit of a bonus. When you complete it you get a bonus which almost doubles your score.

I put my better scores down to my brain finally seeing these patterns:

XA
                        BX
                        XA

Comment

Woo hoo, 773,400!! Next stop, one meeellion.

You get a bonus interlude after level fifteen too.

I had a massive chain on the second level. The animals kept falling right and I ended up with tens of thousands more than usual. Not that it would have made that much difference to the final score, just felt cool.

All through my go I had the red LED staring at me and at around 700,000 I was thinking of losing on purpose just so it would save the score Kept going for a bit though, (including some hairy saves from the wobbly-zone).

I can't recommend this game enough. Definitely on the list of games I will always play, (along with Tetris, pac-man, sf2, etc...). It's that good.

Comment

Working...
                          X