Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Genuinely entertaining read.

Comment

Why go into a game announcing trivia such as your ethnicity?

Comment

But that's the thing, the nick 'Always_Black' could have any number of meanings, it could be referring to his style of clothes or general attitudes, but the bigot took it to mean his ethnicity.

Comment

Originally posted by C'
          I'm not sure if I'm embarassed to admit this or not, but I got genuinely excited as it developed and it became clear that he may be turning the duel around. In fact, I immediately re-read several key paragraphs severla times over, instead of continuing through the article on several occasions.
          I think any reaction short of - for example - writing a 2600 word manifesto shouldn't be considered embarassing. It's a great piece and I may have even yelped at its close on my first reading.

Nice to see Cacky incapable of not throwing in a dig even when he actually agrees with me. You really do need to learn separate Message and Messager.

KG

Comment

Well I did read it again, and it was well written... but the guy still comes across to me as somebody who takes himself (and star wars) way too seriously..

honestly - "I am a genuine hero!" or whatever it was... you beat an idiot at a computer game, well done but what has it actually achieved? Not worthy of hero status in my book

Comment

Darwock, I don't think his statement is meant as he considers himself a hero in same sense as, for example, someone who rescues a baby from almost certain death.

However, within that fictional universe within which he is playing, and to those other people participating within that universe, he overcame adversity to defeat someone who blatantly used underhand tatcis to attain 'hero' status.

Comment

Originally posted by KieronGillen
                Nice to see Cacky incapable of not throwing in a dig even when he actually agrees with me. You really do need to learn separate Message and Messager.
                My apologies, when I initially read your piece on the future of games journalism it reminded me of the "look how clever we are" feature over at IC a while back. After actually having my beef out with you via your blog, I realised that you just wanted to point something out rather than make yourself look clever.

All I want is for people to sincerely enthuse about gaming, and I am glad that you do too. Again, I am sorry for any offence caused.

Comment

Working...
                X