Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow (Multiplayer online)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definitely most fun as a spy. The feeling of terror as you watch the merc run around you with torches is nerve wracking. Metal Gear Online is here.

As a merc it feels a bit like counterstrike and does your eyes in as you try to see the spies with your focused torch.

Another glitch maybe is that you can't see if anyone drops out of the game. The players panel still says they are there even if they are gone.

Comment

Oh man, sounds well good. Is it anything like SWAT3 online? If so - any problems with variety and 'patience' yet?
      But yeah, the sound bug and taunting while headlocking sounds oh-so good.

Comment

Originally posted by macosx!
        Another glitch maybe is that you can't see if anyone drops out of the game. The players panel still says they are there even if they are gone.
        The players pannel does not show who you are playing with. Instead it shows the last 10 or people people you have played with. It is the same for RS3. I don't recall a way of seeing who you are playing with, so you may have to rely on the 'Player X has left the game messages.

My only slight gripe at the moment is that in the Lobby screen you cannot tell who is talking (unlike most Live games where a little speaker flashes by their name). Only a minor niggle though. Similarly the lobbby screen does not show people's connection speed, so weeding out those with poor connections is impossible.

Comment

Just got this too, I'm pathetic at it. It's insanely hard.. especially as the Spies. Argh. I keep getting upto the Merc's and hitting 'R' to grab them, like in the original. Had a few games now and my rankings are always 0, I imagine this will be really good, I just need to get better.

Comment

Soi you can check who is in the game with you - but you do it 'in-game' not in the lobby

think its Start - not sure though without checking

Comment

Man I want Live.

I got this today and just reading this makes me wanna sit up all night and play.

I can just imagine how addicted I would be.

Looks like off line fun for me for the moment.

Comment

Geo-V6: If you can get Live do so, you will not regret it. I doubt I will ever put serious time into an offline FPS, racing game or stealth game again. The only games I play that are offline are now fighters or shooters.

Comment

i had the maddest game ever earlier - i joined a game in progress and was 'ghosting' the mercs, game ended with a merc victory and restarted with me on the merc team and the 2 mercs who i had been ghosting now as spies ..... and for some bloody reason i couldn't hear my fellow merc but i could hear both spies conversing between each other. Needless to say i knew exactly what they were planning and where they were hiding (at one stage i went into a darkened room for a quick looksee and couldn't see **** all, but when i heard one of the spies say "oh ****, hes in the same room as me" i turned on the torch and gave it a good search - guy was hiding in one of the corners and proceeded to chew on some bullets )

had another fine game earlier - me and tommyg where spies on the warehouse level and we got all 3 cannisters in double quick time - its the first time i have actually opened 2 cannisters on that level and the way it opens up bigger and bigger is amazing, its like a one roomer for the first cannister, tons of rooms and hideaways for the 2nd and back to a one roomer for the third, you need to change tactics 3 times to get the job done (you have to drop into tango mode - Slow, Quick, Slow )

this game is just getting better and better

ps can peeps post any queries they may have in the relevant forums (Live queries in the live thread etc) and keep this one for MP gaming chat only

Comment

Needless to say i knew exactly what they were planning and where they were hiding (at one stage i went into a darkened room for a quick looksee and couldn't see **** all, but when i heard one of the spies say "oh ****, hes in the same room as me" i turned on the torch and gave it a good search - guy was hiding in one of the corners and proceeded to chew on some bullets )
                    OI!!! that was me, I knew I should have kept my mouth shut. Its taking me a while to get used to it, I've mostly played as Mercs so far and been enjoying it.

Also, I urge everyone to read the manual, there are a few things I didnt realise until I read it.

Camps how do you get your gamertag under your avatar, I need to put mine there too as its different from my name on here. Just so peeps know its me.

Comment

in your location bit of your profile just add some spaces after the location

ie gloucestershire..................gamertag:fragmast 3r..................games:rb63

ps replace dots with spaces

and it will appear like mine
                      <---------------------------------

Comment

lol just realsied youve already done it

Comment

I've been playing pretty much all afternoon, and the game is getting better and better as I get know the levels. I only know Warehouse and Vertigo Plaza 'well', and still even with those there are whole sections of passage way that I have not been in. There are still bbout 4 levels I have not even been on. The certainly is a lot of game for your money, especially with the DLC that is bound to be on the way.

I still find it easier to be a Merc rather than a Spy. Mostly because, even if you are stealthy beforehand, to neutralise a canister you have to alert the Mercs. Still if you work as a pair and distract the Mercs you can get good results.

Comment

Got this today and it is pretty damn fine. I enjoy being the spy most, more fun sneaking about.

Comment

I was playing earlier on with Camps and 007. I just cant seem to differentiate between whos on my side and whos not. If only if it was a bit clearer id be fine but im not entirely enjoying it at the moment though i can see its potential. Hopefully it will win me over though.

Comment

ginza - what you need to do is practise practise practise - once you start to learn the maps and where the cannisters, and whereabouts you put your spy traps then you can really start to rip **** up as a merc - same with spies

playing earlier with tommyg and we completed a level as spies in 1.35 minutes (cinema) - that was getting all 3 cannisters and killing the mercs twice . we could do it so quickly because we have both played as spies a number of times now so our communication is getting pretty good - whilst he was getting a cannister on the ground lobby i was running about like a mad **** on the top (thus setting all the alarms off) and vice versa.

upto now i have 3 levels down - cinema and warehouse are nearly sussed totally whilst museum is getting there. if anyone wants to play tomorrow to get any maps memorised then post in this thread (http://ntsc-uk.domino.org/viewtopic....22717&start=30) and we can get a few hours practise going (much much needed)

Comment

Working...
                                X