No announcement yet.

$10,000 Game no kiddin!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I was a collector (and I'm not) who could afford $10000 (which I can't ) for one game, which the owner admits isn't particularly good, I'd expect it to be mint or I wouldn't buy it at all

If that meant waiting 2 years for another copy to come along then I'd wait.

Comment

i'd buy all 5, break 4 of them and then sell the "only one in existance" for 10 times that price

then again, i doubt an idiot would have that sort of money to begin with.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirotic
        i'd buy all 5, break 4 of them and then sell the "only one in existance" for 10 times that price

then again, i doubt an idiot would have that sort of money to begin with.
        An art collector once did that, btw He bought the only two copies of a painting, destroyed one and the value of the other was then worth about 5 times as much

I can't remember the details etc, but it happened maybe 4-5 years ago

Comment

Effectively then, he expects you to pay ten grand for a big, ugly, plastic box. 'But there's only 5 of these big ugly plastic boxes in the world, so it must be worth something!'

If I put the game that Boog made, 'Pacman Ghost Attack' onto a flash cart and then make a giant ugly box for that, then it will be ONE OF A KIND! Bidding starts at $20,000. Any takers?
          I R RICH!!!!

Comment

Just speaking to someone I know about this, turns out he OWNS it and got it for christmas for ?75 with some other games and an AES from a local paper. *MUMBLE*

Comment

i bet you it isnt rare at all, somebody probably has hundreds in a basement but only sell one at a time to help the "wow, its rare" myth

Comment

I would pay ?5 tops for that game.

Comment

Why are there so few? I bet it must have an interesting story behind it if so few were made (eg publisher issues or production issues). Sure, the historical value of the game is worth something if that's the case, but $10,000 is still a bit rich

Comment

The point being there is only 5 in existance.

Thats it hence the rarity.

the game has been confirmed by NeoGeo.com you would hve to be sure as you may have seen versions of Metal Slug and Ninja masters for an 8th of their value on Ebay. These are carts that have been written over and are not originals.

Supply and demand and to be honest I am really surprised another has come up.

For completists it's a must.

Comment

The reason there are so few are because it apparently never got an official release.

I think it's supposed to be that a few got made then the release got cancelled because they thought no one would pay ?300 for a bit of a crap game which is slightly ironic now.

However, the last one that sold for $11000 was sold privately on the NG.com forums so was not that well known.

Someone might be glancing throw ebay, see this game at $10000 and say "fcuk me, I've got that up in the loft" and some more copies will become available.

To be honest though I will be surprised if that gets any bids at $10,000 because it is less than mint. I have a pretty much complete Neo Geo collection and would maybe be tempted to pay that if it was totally mint but I would not even think abaout it with those minor faults.

Comment

Drool

Comment

Sold for $12500 to a collector I know in America.

Man is he retarded.

Comment

Originally posted by AllYourBase
                            Wonder if I can get the rom to play on my xbox!!
                            Yup runs in Kawax* fine...... but it is poo

*honest I have the original ahmmm ok only dl it to see what the $10000 sucker is gonna get and I don`t think he`s gonna be happy lol

Comment

i could maybe of understood the high price if it was so rare that nobody had ever 'dumped' it, but seeing as the ROM is out i dont see the point unless its mint.

Comment

10k! bloody hell! does it come with insurance? nothing gaming wise is worth such money! there are always cheaper soloutions to experience a game. Peeps who spend money like that on such wastful things do not know the true value of money......

Comment

Working...
                                X