No announcement yet.

What was The Secret of Monkey Island

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the gba isn't powerful enough to run the Scumm engine i think and also does anybody know if Monkey Island 1 sound is put through the PC internal speaker because my friend keeps on talking about it but mine goes throught the speakers

Comment

I'm sure the GBA can potentially run the scumm engine. Remember, MI2 was more than playable on a 386 25MHz... It wasn't taxing by any means when it was released.
      Both MI games can run sound through the internal speaker, though it really depends which version you're running. Obviously the CD one with CD audio can't go through the internal speaker.
      Your friend needs to change the options. This is going on really old and hazy memories, but I believe you can hit A to change the audio options? Tell him to experiment... it's one of the letter keys.

Comment

my mistake with the correct reprograming then it should run on a gba but SCUMMVM won't run on the GBA that i'm almost sure of

Comment

I really find that hard to believe.
          Look at Super Monkey Ball or the new Mario Golf on the GBA. If it can push around some semi-decent 3D, it can definitely move a couple of sprites around. Castlevania: AOS, for example, is far more graphically detailed than most of the games that ScummVM runs, and I'd be suprised if that's even close to pushing the GBA.

Comment

The issue is though, that with ScummVM you are running one lot of code to run another lot of code. This is fine for a PC, but with something with as little resources as a GBA, you're going to run into all kinds of problems.

Broken Sword has proved that graphical adventures can be done on the GBA, but they would have to be recoded for that platform. Doubt you'd ever be able to run them through ScummVM.

Comment

if anybody's interested in buying the brilliant monkey island games then this may be of interest http://www.lucasarts.com/companystor...key_bundle.htm

Comment

Working...
              X