• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even PGR2

Should rename that one "Tarmac-Cam".

Comment

Originally posted by Brats
      My US copy is winging its way to me as I type. Look forward to getting online with this ASAP .
      you've got an unmodded US Xbox especially to play online games?

Comment

uli- you can have a modded pal xbox and change the region of it to us then turn the chip off to play us games on live.
        not like the ps2 where import games don't work on a pal ps2

Comment

Originally posted by Uli
          i'd imagine a lot of people here have an unmodded us xbox.
          hopefully my us copy will arrive tommorrow too. a lot of the recent 'big' live titles really havent grabbed me, but this could be good.

Comment

By what i played of the pc demo the game doesn`t play to bad and have tried a few online races aswell. Things that concern me online will be the countless shortcut taking i witnessed and that was out of 2 tracks. And the main one that will annoy lots is, if you late break by even the slightest you will be locking up/stalling the engine and taking someone else straight out in front of you which is unavoidable and will end up with them going straight of the track. Suppose if you get in with a good group you will be ok but still i can see quite alot of folks getting rammed of the track.

Comment

Also - the trackside scenery. Where it exists (in the early game its sparse) - it feels horribly two dimensional.

Comment

You can play against all regions on XBL. The game is named differently in each territory but its only packaging and the actual game is the same underneath.

I do find the handling a bit floaty but it depends on which class is being used. I really love the V8s but I am absolutely addicted to the Global GT Lights... played online with 6 others on the weekend just on these for about 3 hours straight, great fun.

As for camera views... I like the bonnet cam the most, the tarmac one is just a tad too lowdown for my liking... its either the bonnet one or the incar view if its an open top model like the GT lights...

Comment

My mate uses the bonnet view, as did i, but i think when i drove the pickups it felt too high up so went to lower one just for that and stuck with it, feels much faster. Also with having the moving reflections on the bonnet when i try use it now it makes me feel funny lol!

I really do love this game it's going be so good on XBL, been playing it quite a bit on XBConnect and it's so much fun even when playing with 4 or 5 people on there and having AI cars to round up the numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by Uli
                    Yep, it's the only XBox I've got .

At the end of the day people just want fun competitive races. To deny someone the top-end cars is just bringing the game down. How many dodgy drivers have the TVR12 just because of the ActionReplay, too many and it spoils the game for me.
                    Surely your point about the TVR is an argument for people unlocking the cars in single player mode, thus they only get the really good cars once they become adept at handling them. Unfortunately, Action Replay meant that some idiots could get around this, but if all cars had been unlocked from the beginning, you'd have even more berks racing around in TVR's.

Comment

Originally posted by Hodge
                      And the main one that will annoy lots is, if you late break by even the slightest you will be locking up/stalling the engine and taking someone else straight out in front of you which is unavoidable and will end up with them going straight of the track. Suppose if you get in with a good group you will be ok but still i can see quite alot of folks getting rammed of the track.
                      Nooo! That was my main reason I didn't like the first one. ft:

Comment

Originally posted by mt50
                        uli- you can have a modded pal xbox and change the region of it to us then turn the chip off to play us games on live.
                        not like the ps2 where import games don't work on a pal ps2
                        yeah, i've heard of this, too. but it's supposed to be risky - if it works - because they can still detect your modded bios or harddrive and lock your account - forever!

Comment

Fuddle is online with his

Apparantly there's a patch on the way to sort out a number of the initial complaints - shortcuts etc.

Fuddle - when you play on live with it, say you only got 3 drivers, can you have AI cars to fill in the pack - and how many? Thanks

Comment

was just coming to post my first impressions.

only done a tiny bit of one player, i figure that can wait till xbox live is off tommorrow.

on line is pretty good from what i've seen in the past couple of hours. quite a few rooms seem to be playing with collisions off until people figure out how to play the game.
                            the races i've had with collisions on are very risky, and particularly nerve wracking if your in the lead. a lot of people clearly dont understand that you have to brake to go round corners, and i've seen loads of folk not even attempting chicanes...just zooming over the grass, but even if they overtake me i'm sticking to my principles.

havent hosted yet, but there is an option for AI cars when you choose optimatch.

really enjoying it so far 8)

Comment

Cool sounds top mate.

Apparantly the patch is gonna remedy the chicances cutting thing.

Comment

Oooh also, Fuddle -

Can you have exhibition races where pit stops are mandatory, are pits even in the game and can you have em mandatory online?

/crosses fingers

Comment

Working...
                                X