No announcement yet.

GT4 "Prologue"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The best in car view I have seen was Battle Gear 3. The dash is in the lower 20% or so of the screen and there is a little windscreen pillar (RHD being Japan) on the right but not intrusively so. Far closer to actually driving a car than most in car views. In reality you don't really notice the pillar.

I have always used the in car view in GT3 etc, though I think I would have a preference for a bonnet view if there was one.

Comment

-Taurus-:
      Yes, I would have preferred an in car view as well.
      But with more than 400 or 500 cars in the final game this isn?t really an option, I think.
      Also, as far as I know it takes up a lot of proccessing power to have an in car view rendered in addition to the track, background etc.
      (I feel that almost all games that have an in car view have some drawbacks in screen resolution and clarity)
      I think that is what the developer ment when he mentioned in an interview that the audience expects a certain quality from GT games, and an in car view would make it impossible to keep up the high standard of the rest of the game. (I think he was talking about damage models though, but it leads to the same problems)

In Gt4 Prolouge the height of the "in car" view changes depending on the vehicle.
      It also seems to be positioned somewhere near the driver?s seat, not at the front bumper. (when doing the last coffee break this is noticeable - right before you bump in to one of those cones)

Since Gt4 Prologue seems to be an fairly early build of Gt4 they may still include another perspective. (although unlikely)

I guess we will have to wait at least another generation of consoles before the kind of Gran Turismo driving games will have proper in car views.

By the way, does PGR2 have an in car view? (since the first one didn?t have one)

Uli:
      I live south of Hamburg, in the countryside if you will. (aber wiederum auch nicht ganz in der Pampa)

Comment

My problem isn't with the in car view, i don't like playing with them. Not even in Toca Race Driver 2 that have a dashboard. I can't seem to play right with those views. I know why the cars in Gran Turismo don't have dashboards, and it doesn't bother me much.

My real problem is that the behind the car view is too low, and makes it near impossible to see the road ahead.
        And the upper view (third view of GT4 Prologue), isn't any good.

PGR 2 has a in car view (two of them, actually), one is a bumper cam, real close to the ground, and another on the bonnet, but you can't see the bonnet.

There's other two, a behind the car view (it's the one i use), it's very good, exactly the perfect height from the ground to see the road ahead. And the other is a little higher and a little far from the car.

All of the cameras of PGR 2 are good, especially the behind the car ones.

And TOCA Race Driver 2 the cameras are alright aswell.

Comment

The lack of even superficial car damage is dissapointing and the ten second penalty feature is cheap and annoying.

I'll certainly be getting the finished product and the steering wheel though. Only way I'll ever get to take a spin in these cars. Vitz included unless I get a pay rise!

Comment

I've been having some problems with the 3rd person outside view as well. I've always preferred an outside view but the camera in this is too low which makes it really hard to see the road in front. I've actually switched to using 1st person in this and I've been doing a lot better. Gonna try 1st person in PGR2 later to see if I've been converted to it.

Comment

Excellent review on BBC:

.........not.

I like the format: PS2, XBOX, GC, PC.

Comment

Nice enough game although its really a game for driving instructors. Its there to teach you the basics and then gives you some tracks to muck about with afterwards. I`m surprised there is no 2 player option or time trail option included as this could have ramped up the longevity no end, insteadwe`ve got a bunch of tests that once you`ve finished you probably wont go back to.

Comment

I've not bought it, yet only really bought a PS2 to play GT3 (originally) don't enjoy the licence tests tbh. This game has been delayed too long. Will probably get the final version though, sure I'll be bored of PGR2 & RSC2 by Xmas.

Comment

At least there was the one new car in the PAL version... the BMW M5 Concept. Having finally got an Action Replay Max code to work without the game freezing I managed to drive on the Hong Kong track. Looks reminiscent of PGR2 in places.

Comment

Working...
                    X