Malice XBOX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Malice XBOX

How many years did it take to make this POS? Wasn't this one of the first Xbox tech demos or something?

Technically it is quite pretty, but the art looks like Rayman with all the style sucked out of it, the gameplay purely consists of "collect 10 of these", "kill 8 of these" "find my 20 babies" errands. It is completely linear. The platforming is proper average with dodgy physics and collision, and the magic "system" is boring as ****.

The completely **** voice acting is NOT helped by the awful script full of appalling innuendo about sex and drugs ("I like a girl who knows how to handle a big club", "Speed? Isn't that like, so 70's?" ad nauseum) and the story is nonsensical. At the start, you see some dodgy FMV of Malice (incidentally, the most horrible character ever - just looking at her face makes you cry) legging it away from some minions (giant birds btw) until she meets a huge thing called "Dog God". Who then removes her head. Up in heaven, a long boring monologue by Death explains something I lost track of. Basically she comes back to life as a Goddess or some **** and now must perform ****ty errands to get rid of "Dog God" or something. Christ.

As I said, the graphics are very accomplished with lovely lighting and shadows and (thank God) crystal clear - no full screen anti alaising that blurs the whole game up ala Rallisport 2. The sound is good too, and the surround sound is lovely but again, the voice acting is horrible. It is better than the English Sonic Heroes dub, but that's like saying it's less painful to be ripped apart by wild dogs than it is to have hundreds of thumbtacks crammed into your eyelids and throat.

Avoid like the plauge chaps. This game might just become a Superman 64 style legend. Appalling.

Agreed: It's a steaming pile of pixellated mush.

Though in Malice's defense...
    ...it has given me a new found appreciation for Vexx.

Comment

Working...
    X