Stunt Race FX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motor Toon GP 1/2

I was really into no2, definitely one of my favourite PS1 games.

Comment

Stunt Race FX was amazing. Still is.

Get this:

Go onto the Ice level (can't remember the name, sorry) with the bridge that you can drive underneath. Make sure you are the Monster Truck.

Just as you're driving under the bridge (it's not really a bridge, but another part of the track above you, it's near the start of the course iirc) press the horn. As the car does it's jump, it goes through the roof of the track above, and the game glitches and catapults you for miles in the air. Absolultely quality

Comment

I bought this game a few weeks ago for my mate. We're both fans of the original Starfox and classic SNES titles in general, and neither of us had played SRFX before. As said, the graphics do seem to hurt the game, but the style is still cute. PAL version... bum.

Anyway, playing it rekindled a really, really distant memory of an N64 (?) screenshot; a game which looked exactly like an SRFX sequal. The car in the screenshot was a round-ish buggy with comedy eyes and ladybird spots. I'm pretty sure it was an N64 game, most likely canned; that shot was the first and last I saw of it.

It's unlikely that I'm thinking of a PS1 game, because I only read Nintendo magazines back then. Does anyone else remember seeing this?

Comment

Tig, you mean Buggy Boogie. It was a early concept N64 game by Nintendo which looked like SRFX but more free roaming. I`m not sure why it never got finished, imo it looked like a promising title.

Sorry, can`t find a screenshot.

Comment

Thanks, I remember that name now. Shame it got canned, really... it could have been great. A spiritual successor to SRFX, certainly.

Perhaps I should delve into the caverns of my old magazine collection to find that screen. It'll be in there somewhere.

On second thoughts, perhaps not.

Comment

Originally posted by kingston lj
              Motor Toon GP 1/2

I was really into no2, definitely one of my favourite PS1 games.
              There was another game like Micro Machines and Moto Toon GP as well. It's a good 9 years since I rented it so I really can't remember the name of it..

Comment

Stunt Race FX was ace. Who else remembers the innovative water splooshes on the windscreen when using in-car view mode?

I like it how some tracks change as you drive around them, it either gets darker or the weather changes. Total originality.

I'm playing this when I get in, the music's gonna make me reminisce big_time.

I remember the game playing really well actually. I remember the cars having a great deal of bouncyness and wobblyness. I remember having some laughs with the physics.

Comment

Back in the mists of time I remember playing this with you Weresheep. Two player sucked balls, I cant recall every playing single player..you selfish bast :P

Comment

LOL

Well if it was the case that I never let you have a shot of Stunt Race FX in single player mode, it was probably cos you had just handed me my ass in Mortal Kombat with Scorpion. Repeatedly. Git!

Who else remembers the innovative water splooshes on the windscreen when using in-car view mode?
                    Yeah, loved that effect. I also loved the change in weather/mist etc. as the laps progressed. White Land is a great example

-weresheep

Comment

Actually, Stunt Race FX is still good fun on ZSNES. Just use a suitable joypad in your PC/Mac, turn the emu enhancements on, and it's nice. I know, there's still polygon breakup and everything, but it's loads better than the sluggish PAL version.

Comment

Necrothread! Shamelessly lifted from NeoGaf but this brought a smile to my face. So, first is Stunt Race FX running overclocked which looks a lot more manageable in the modern era:

And a user on the site has been tinkering with remaking the game in Unreal Engine 4 and shared some screenshots. It'll no doubt be as far as it gets but it shows what could have been.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                          So, first is Stunt Race FX running overclocked which looks a lot more manageable in the modern era:
                          Now.. that's more like it.

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                          but it shows what could have been.
                          I wish it could become a reality, because those shots look really beautiful.

Comment

I wish Nintendo would do a new game in the series, I absolutely loved the boxart for the game and it made my imagination run wild about the game world and the car characters when I was a child, even though the actual game was pretty basic and certainly never lived up to expectations.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost View Post
                              I wish Nintendo would do a new game in the series, I absolutely loved the boxart for the game and it made my imagination run wild about the game world and the car characters when I was a child, even though the actual game was pretty basic and certainly never lived up to expectations.
                              Yeah, a new entry in the series could potentially be something really special. As you say -- the box art really stirred the imagination, so it makes you think that the concept could really be done justice these days.

I wish modern Nintendo would be more adventurous and create a more varied catalogue.

Comment

Working...
                              X