Psi-ops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spatial101
    Don't know if anyone else has found this yet, but its possible to get enemies to commit real suicide when you Mind Control them - and I'm not talking about making them jump off buildings or into chemicals, I'm talking full on blow their heads off.

I'll spolier it just in case anyone wants to figure it out for themselves ( I found it out by complete accident ). This works on the Xbox version and must be `doable` for the PS2 one aswell ( but I have no idea if its achieved

-snip-

Guess Midway hid that one quite well and didn't tell anyone about it for fear they would have to take it out ?
    hahaha thats totally awesome. good find. i cant wait to get home and try that. now, can you get him to do it as you through him off an edge

such an awesome game. this plus the ability to mess around as one of the bad guys makes this game even cooler than i originally thought.

surely its a strong candidate for action game of the year or something.

Comment

Buuurr, I am not liking level seven. At all.

It very rarely works when a game completely changes its mechanics towards the end of the experience, I don't really understand why companies see the need to try it out. I want to be throwing bodies about, not <cut> <cut> from <cutting> <cuts>. Maybe it's just the start of the level, which I can't actually do at the moment...

Edit...I've passed that level now, and have nearly finished the game. The Temple level wasn't as bad as I first thought, though it is still a decrease in quality in my opinion.
      Last edited by PeteJ; 30-06-2004, 11:49.

Comment

Well I've just finished this and quite frankly I feel more than a little cheated

Spoliers :-

The ending came up so fast it was frightening.

While this seems to be a common occurance these days it was almost like they had designed too many charcacters and then tried to shoe horn them all into one game rather than cut some out.

Wrightson has got to be the most criminally under used bady guy in the history of video gaming. So much potential and it was all lost.

And while there's nothing wrong with setting your game up for a sequel, at least give us a decent ending FFS. 20 seconds of FMV ( and piss poor FMV compared to some of the other scenes I might add ) and a large TO BE CONTINUED is frankly quite shocking, and a hell of a way to piss off your players. It just left me with the feeling that I was a bloated cash cow just waiting to be milked at a later date.

Leave with a cliffhanger by all means, but at least make it a decent one with a couple of juicy pondering points.

Overall a great gaming experience which had its Pyrokentic flames dampened by the final closing seconds. Shame cos I was loving it up to then

Comment

Working...
        X