Street Fighter III 3rd Strike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bleeders
    IMO Makoto, Ibuki, Yun, Yang and Urien certainly have character. Never been keen on Oro or Twelve though.
    No way!! You missed out the most amazing character ever,

HUGO!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I
      Am
      Numba
      Waan!

Comment

Plus Poison is fit :P

Comment

I read somewhere that Poison's a tranny!

Comment

STFU, she can't be

Comment

Apparently yes.
              In Final Fight she was a cross dresser.
              By SF3 she'd saved enough cash for he sex change op.

Comment

As long as she's OK now :P

Comment

I still don't know what you guys see in this game...

I love fighting games, especially SF but I hate SF 3!!

The characters are slow and handle like trains!

Some of the characters have absolutely no business in a 'Street Fight' er game...Twelve, Necro, Q, Oro, Urien, Gil....What the f*ck are these things?

It has pointless game variances like 'Pick your character to fight against' and 'Pick your super art' Yawn!

I like the idea of the parry system but think it is over used and should use some super power

Don't get me wrong, I really REALLY wanna like it and have liked most SFers before but I find SF3 utter wank!

Comment

i really dont see what people have against the 3rd strike roster....with the possible execption of twelve, its no more 'out there' than any of the other street fighters.
                    if necro had been in street fighter II instead of blanka, all we'd be hearing now is how silly blanka is. (or dahlsim or vega/bison)
                    but seeing as we've grown up with him, he's perfectly acceptable.
                    the entire sf II cast is just a bunch of stereotypes, and i dont really think you could get away with that these days....so you end up with a much more interesting set of characters imo.

Comment

Handle like trains?! Have you tried Elena, Ibuki or Yun at all?
                      Picking the super art is integral to the parrying system.
                      How the hell are you supposed to prepare to parry a super as it's charging up if you don't know what it's gonna be? It's a lot more tactical that way IMO.

Also picking your next opponent is handy. Some characters are better match ups than others, it depends on how you play. If I'm playing as yun and my next match is a choice between say Chun Li and Alex, if I want an easy win I'll pick Alex. He's slow and doesn't respond well to such a fast all out offense character as Yun. However Chun Li will offer more of a challenge, she's faster and stronger than Yun etc.
                      Last edited by Firsty; 02-08-2004, 15:52.

Comment

I dont understand how you can say characters handle like trains, parrying is overused and selection of superarts is pointless - mind you I felt the same when you said VF4 Evo is fatally flawed.

I think you need to look a little closer and spend more time with the systems of these new beat em ups, I think you are missing the point about many things.

Comment

Damn. Now I want a train to be a selectable character in CFJ!

Comment

I'm saying that as parrying technically gives you the advantage in a situation it should cost you something for doing it.
                            Hell in the SFZ or KoF series it costs you a whole super to counter

The idea of having to chose your superart limits your fighting into a certain style. I want superarts dependant on situation not the entire game!

I personally don't like the way the characters handle, they feel slow and unresponsive.

At least Blanka had a plausible background...Some kind of Beast man from the Brazilian rain forests...What the f*ck is Necro's story? Reject from the Rocky Horror show?

I have made my peace with VF now. When I calmed down after getting pwned I realised that all fighting games are like this with initially seemingly over powerful characters compared to others. I realised that I just wasn't good enough with the character I was playing as....like a n00b playing with Zangief in SF. I officially retract my VF statement!

Comment

Necro is an experiment. Duh!
                              Parrying does cost you. It's a risk, but if it pays off it's very rewarding. There wasn't so much risk in the KOF games with countering. Fluff up a parry and you're gonna get served.

I think maybe you're a n00b playing with Gouki :/

Comment

Parrying is very dangerous as you have to do the opposite of guard to activate it, you dont need to be penalised for it as you take a risk to get any results. It's an excellent risk/reward system - which goes in perfectly with the Super Arts Select and the reason you have Parry training within the game is so you can learn these individual arts and be ready for them when they come up. You can pick multiple Super Arts through System Direction option but it ruins the game due to the way you can mix Supers together etc. It's much more clever using EX, specials and Supers as standard to create good setups.

It's possible to completely parry a Super Art without taking any damage, this is what sets good players apart from the skruBBs, and it opens the game up tactically. Classic Streetfighter situations now have many more outcomes due to the parry system, like people who love to activate a Dragon Punch or similar as they are getting up from the floor, or sweep > Super Art - now the person on the receiving end can still have the upper hand if he/she has the skill to time the parries and retaliate.

How about this: I was fighting a friend's Remy, it came down to final round and I had zero health and couldnt handle even blocking an attack. He tries the classic cheese of forcing me to block the Super Art with zero health so I'd die. I see the Super Art activate so I thing "****-it" and go for the parries keeping in mind the half tempo (Parry timing is the Super Art's hit tempo @ 1/2 speed). I parried the whole of this Super Art and won the match.

If Parrying gave a penalty players who are on the brink dont have a chance to come back, Goemon do you think these games are balanced and tested by n00bs or something? These games still get rinsed HARD in the arcades even in ****ty UK, tournaments as well as in the home - there is nothing wrong with the system at all.
                                Last edited by Saurian; 03-08-2004, 16:28.

Comment

Working...
                                X