Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Valuation thread - how much is ***** worth?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by paulus View Post
    I've just scored an NTSC Wii with HDMI output so may sell my Cube. Can anyone give me a ballpark figure for the following gear:

1 x boxed black USA Gamecube
    1 x
    original black pad
    1 x official Component cable (may possibly have the box in the loft for this too?)

Also is it best to sell these on as a package or separately?
    The component cable is the prize.
    Boxed ones go for silly money, 5x what the rest is worth..

Comment

Something like £265 for the lot?

Comment

You might get lucky with someone willing to pay that much, but HDMI options exist now and tend to be better.

Worth a try at least!

Comment

Cheers speedlolita & Budge74

Comment

How much should I ask for a boxed PC Engine Duo, box is a fairly worn, RGB modded with an Everdrive, UK PSU and RGB scart cable. The console has had a full recap, plus the board has been cleaned up and defluxed, with any bad joints sorted. The RGB mod is using a new Voultars RGB board with a shielded Din socket. Also has the jailbar fix.

Also an unboxed Amiga 600, with power, RGB scart, mouse, plus Gotek floppy emulator in place of the floppy drive?
            Last edited by Jamie; 04-10-2018, 16:54.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
              You might get lucky with someone willing to pay that much, but HDMI options exist now and tend to be better.

Worth a try at least!
              Hey, can you point me at one of those? There was one a while back but it got withdrawn after it fried some people's GameCubes. I have one sitting under my TV that's not connected as I'm waiting for a good one to become available.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie View Post
                How much should I ask for a boxed PC Engine Duo, box is a fairly worn, RGB modded with an Everdrive, UK PSU and RGB scart cable. The console has had a full recap, plus the board has been cleaned up and defluxed, with any bad joints sorted. The RGB mod is using a new Voultars RGB board with a shielded Din socket. Also has the jailbar fix.

Also an unboxed Amiga 600, with power, RGB scart, mouse, plus Gotek floppy emulator in place of the floppy drive?
                Dunno but I’m interested in the 600

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                  Hey, can you point me at one of those? There was one a while back but it got withdrawn after it fried some people's GameCubes. I have one sitting under my TV that's not connected as I'm waiting for a good one to become available.
                  I think there's more than one solution honestly. Afraid I've not really done any research but you can get plug and play options.

This one seems pretty good: https://www.eongaming.tech/

And yes, they're not cheap. Probably not worth it as a just because kind of thing.

Comment

I have one of those for my US GameCube and got one on the way together with my JP GameCube. Excellent product, but it’s so hard to remove if you ever wanted to do that. It’s why I had to buy another one.

The thing that fried GC’s was a real a basement project, newer versions supposedly fixed that.

There are cheaper options (but not by much) than the Eon GCHD but I can’t remember any product names. GCvideo is open source so anyone can make adapters. The Eon has a few nice options such as scanlines etc. that the others don’t, but you have to pair an IR remote with it to access the menu. Only real drawback is that the firmware on it isn’t upgradeable.

Either way I totally recommend the Eon GCHD.
                    Last edited by Nico87; 04-10-2018, 21:18.

Comment

Hey guys

Sorting through my stuff & after any idea of pricing for this tat?

Thanks

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
                        Hey guys

Sorting through my stuff & after any idea of pricing for this tat?

Thanks

Neil
                        I can tell you the Vagrant Story isn't worth much sadly - it goes on eBay for under a fiver. Shame as it's a great game; probably because it was among the first wave of PS1 games released on PSN.

Comment

Thanks buddy
                          Don't think there is much value in any of it to be honest

Neil

Comment

Sonic Wings Special seems to go for around £35~42 on eBay, which isn't exactly nothing. Wouldn't think NG Saturn ports are worth too much.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                              Sonic Wings Special seems to go for around £35~42 on eBay, which isn't exactly nothing. Wouldn't think NG Saturn ports are worth too much.
                              Thanks
                              Had seen Sonic Wings go for a bit
                              Will get a thread up later
                              Just get rid of the NG stuff for a few £ I think

Neil

Comment

PS4 500GB CUH-1100 series, black (not quite a launch one, but shortly after. Still has a shiny HDD enclosure).

In excellent cosmetic condition, with the usual hairline scratches from dusting visible on the shiny HDD enclosure visible upon close inspection. With an excellent condition pad.

Functions perfectly.

Here's the rub though - it makes a weird noise. The fan is pretty noisy even during undemanding tasks like watching Netflix, and it kinda makes an odd whirring noise too.

I've opened it up and cautiously dusted inside with compressed air, but the problem continues.

It's been this way for months now - it's probably fixable by someone but that someone is not gonna be me.

What would people say this is worth?

EDIT: Oh and it's fully boxed with gubbins.

Comment

Working...
                                X