Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Valuation thread - how much is ***** worth?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While I'm at it chaps what is the going rate for a SNES MINI these days
    Mine is just sat in the box unused

Was going to hack it but never got round to finding someone to do it so might as well sell it

Thanks

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
      While I'm at it chaps what is the going rate for a SNES MINI these days
      Mine is just sat in the box unused

Was going to hack it but never got round to finding someone to do it so might as well sell it

Thanks

Neil
      You should really give it a go yourself if that’s what separating keeping it or selling it. It’s £70 on Amazon so I’d say around £50.

But back to giving it a go yourself; I know «hacking» can be an intimidating word, but the SNES Mini hack (it shouldn’t even be called hack) is by far the easiest mod you can ever do on any system in the history of mankind. I’d liken it to downloading iTunes for the first time and importing your own music and importing cover arts and renaming some tracks or whatever.

90% of the job is plugging the system to your computer and downloading whichever ROMs you want. The remaining 10% is downloading hakchi CE and making a backup copy of the system (within hakchi) before adding ROMs. If you just want SNES games you should be able to avoid installing RetroArch on it, but even if you do it’s so, so easy and intuitive with hakchi CE. There are dozens of guide out there and compatibility lists, and custom patches for games that don’t work 100% with the built-in emulator, etc.

If you ever get stuck you can just get a hold of me or importaku or post in importaku’s NES/SNES Classic thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Nico87 View Post
        You should really give it a go yourself if that’s what separating keeping it or selling it. It’s £70 on Amazon so I’d say around £50.

But back to giving it a go yourself; I know «hacking» can be an intimidating word, but the SNES Mini hack (it shouldn’t even be called hack) is by far the easiest mod you can ever do on any system in the history of mankind. I’d liken it to downloading iTunes for the first time and importing your own music and importing cover arts and renaming some tracks or whatever.

90% of the job is plugging the system to your computer and downloading whichever ROMs you want. The remaining 10% is downloading hakchi CE and making a backup copy of the system (within hakchi) before adding ROMs. If you just want SNES games you should be able to avoid installing RetroArch on it, but even if you do it’s so, so easy and intuitive with hakchi CE. There are dozens of guide out there and compatibility lists, and custom patches for games that don’t work 100% with the built-in emulator, etc.

If you ever get stuck you can just get a hold of me or importaku or post in importaku’s NES/SNES Classic thread.
        Thanks buddy.
        Sadly for me getting this done isn't so easy, my only computer now is a 6 year old Fujistu laptop that works but only just about & none of the 4 USB ports work anymore which is why I mentioned that I hadn't been able to find anyone to do it for me.
        Not only that but I wouldn't have a clue where to find the roms these days.

It really does feel wasted on me as there are only about 5 games on there I actually played which is why I considered the hack to put the games on there I really wanted

Never heard of RetroArch either lol

Thanks again for the help

Neil

Comment

Dug this lot out of the cupboard of doom, wouldn't imagine it's worth much, but what should I ask on here for a quick sale?

Console is boxed a few marks to it, one controller and cables, silver 8MB Memory card, a few game don't have manuals and most are good nick, a few have scratches.

Cheers in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by dyer60 View Post
            Dug this lot out of the cupboard of doom, wouldn't imagine it's worth much, but what should I ask on here for a quick sale?

Console is boxed a few marks to it, one controller and cables, silver 8MB Memory card, a few game don't have manuals and most are good nick, a few have scratches.

Cheers in advance.

Around £70-80?

Comment

Anyone here know the value of xbone games?
              I've got Blops3, GTA5 and Destiny 2.
              Don't know if I should just trade them in at a shop or sell them privately.

Comment

Originally posted by Solar View Post
                Anyone here know the value of xbone games?
                I've got Blops3, GTA5 and Destiny 2.
                Don't know if I should just trade them in at a shop or sell them privately.
                Destiny 2 & BLOPS3 are worth peanuts now.

Sainsbury's are doing GTAV for £20 at the moment so you might be able to get £12-15 for it.

Comment

Cheers teddy, I was hoping to get around £15 for them all to help towards the price of Blops4 for my son.

Comment

I have an Xbox 360 (250GB) with over 300 games on the HDD. It's mostly XBLA and XBLIG stuff, approximately 210 XBLA, 70 XBLIG, and 20 retail. And a Kinect. Some of these games are literally impossible to buy now.

I'll be deleting my gamertag (obvs) but the games will still be playable (obvs) so what should I be looking at selling this for? No idea how to establish what it might be worth.

Here's the games:

Comment

Just wondering how much a amiga 1200 is worth?

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
                        Just wondering how much a amiga 1200 is worth?
                        Quite variable mate. Condition? Has it been recapped? If not, do you know if there's any capacitor damage?

Comment

How much should I ask for a mint condition, boxed Nikon D7200 (with an 17-55VR II lens)? I could check eBay I guess but that always seems quite variable and I'd like to offer it on here.

Oh, and how much for a Nikon 35mm f/1.8 DX lens?

Ta.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                            Quite variable mate. Condition? Has it been recapped? If not, do you know if there's any capacitor damage?
                            Condition pretty good no box though, not ever been touched as far as i am aware. Does have a built in Harddrive to though i would remove that its making a very loud noise

Comment

1200s are always sought after.

Comment

Yep 1200 is the one everyone wants. Price is dependent on how much damage is in there caused by leaking capacitors. You might be lucky I guess but often 1200s 600s and 4000s do have issues.

Take a look on amibay. Usually you can see one for sale either right now or recently and get an idea of price.

Comment

Working...
                                X