Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Valuation thread - how much is ***** worth?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shinobi7000 View Post
    Hi, just general questions if anyone has the time. 1 - Is it worth the bother trying to sell comics, 80s and 90s USA and less Uk. Seling one at a time must be a pain and who the hell would buy larger lots? I doubt you get much for them at all unless it has a special appearance by Wolverine or the first time Frank Miller had a hooker in an issue, I also threw away hundreds and hundreds of magazines, gaming ones. 2 - Is the market for games and films dead because of the virus? Someone mentioned somewhere that people are spending a lot less now.
    Think it will depend entirely on what you have.
    Some might be worth it some might not
    For example I'd be interested in UK comics like Transformers, M.A.S.K, Action Force, Zoids etc. but not so much in the US stuff as that's such a minefield & probably couldn't afford what would be worth buying anyway.

If you have a local comic shop that operates online it might be worth emailing them but don't expect top dollar as they'll need to make profit as well

Neil

Comment

Thanks for the reply Mr Wave. I also have Game and Watch to sell, anybody got any ideas? Why do some Vinyls go so cheap now, has streaming killed demand? I know some cost a lot but huge amounts are listed under a tenner, talking non common records.

Comment

Hi how about a boxed mint near 9/10 Streetfighter Alpha 2 for PAL SNES with instructions and cardboard inlay?
        Last edited by CAPCOM; 14-05-2020, 14:27.

Comment

Originally posted by CAPCOM View Post
          Hi how about a boxed mint near 9/10 Streetfighter Alpha 2 for PAL SNES with instructions and cardboard inlay?
          Used to have this myself.
          I've seen boxed copies sell for around £70 - £90.
          However, one recently sold on eBay, buy it now, at £250, listed as “like new”.

Comment

I would be happy just to get over a hundred in honesty. Thank you Shingle.

Comment

Klonoa PAL Wii.

Mint condition.

Seem to recall this was pretty rare.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                Klonoa PAL Wii.

Mint condition.

Seem to recall this was pretty rare.
                Yeah think that was one of those titles that seemed to go crazy almost right away

Ebay seems awash with chancer BIN at £100+ copies but sold auction listings range from £30 to £60 for PAL copies

Are there genuinely Wii games that are particularly pricey?
                Best I probably have are Project Zero 2 & Silent Hill Shattered Memories I think
                I honestly don't think I'll ever get round to setting the Wii up again so I might just off load everything

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
                  Are there genuinely Wii games that are particularly pricey?

The few I'm aware of are Fire Emblem - Radiant Dawn, The Legend of Sayuki (aka Heavenly Guardian) and The Calling.

Then there are the Operation Rainfall titles - Xenoblade Chronicles, The Last Story and Pandora's Tower. These can got for around £25 - £50.
                  However, the limited edition versions are obviously worth a lot more, depending on condition. I'd say around £50 - £80 for the Xenoblade Chronicles and Pandora's Tower ones. £60 - £100 for The Last Story one.

I'm sure there may be a few others I don't know about.

Comment

What's the market like for selling at the moment?

Comment

From what I've seen lurking eBay it seems quite healthy, lots of decent stuff being listed. I imagine people have more disposable cash too.

Comment

I think it is healthy with more people online and indoors due to Covid playing games. I made close to 1000 pounds off three old Capcom games. Needed a quick sale on Final Fight III got it through ebay no questions asked, same for Megaman X2 which I actually got rid of at CEX for a more than reasonable price in cash, then just sold Streetfighter Alpha 2, was hoping for a little more on last, one only let down.

Next up Super Ghouls and Ghosts 10/10 PAL SNES seen some editions similar for 70 pounds. Need a valuation for an absolute mint edition.
                        Last edited by CAPCOM; 29-05-2020, 13:38.

Comment

Next up Super Ghouls and Ghosts 10/10 PAL SNES seen some editions similar for 70 pounds. Need a valuation for an absolute mint edition.
                          I remember the release of the SNES Mini resulted in physical copies of those games eventually turning up at Cex and eBay. So I would argue that the value of most of those games is not the same as they would have been.
                          However, you say yours is in absolute mint condition so... I would estimate somewhere around £70 - £90.

Comment

Zelda III A Link to the Past Gold Box everything maybe 8/10. Valuation needed seen everything from 50-200 then 2000 for this. That one should go in shocking ebay prices thread.

Comment

Zelda III A Link to the Past Gold Box everything maybe 8/10. Valuation needed seen everything from 50-200
                              One of those situations of a common game that has actually gone up in value given the popularity of the franchise. Prices are all over the place for A Link to the Past, with condition and completeness being a priority. Boxed with instructions I would estimate somewhere around £50 - £80. Mint condition with the map and Sahasrahla Secrets and you're looking at £100+.

Comment

Two Bitmap Neo Geo books. The Metal Slug one with the push button slip case (I think there was 1000 made?) and the Neo Geo book Max 330 edition or whatever it was called, limited to 330 copies. Both excellent condition, literally read them then they’ve sat on the shelf ever since. Can’t really remember what they cost but don’t know if they’ve gone up with being LE’s.

Comment

Working...
                                X