User Tag List

Page 430 of 430 FirstFirst ... 330420428429430
Results 4,291 to 4,293 of 4293
  1. #4291
    While I'm at it chaps what is the going rate for a SNES MINI these days
    Mine is just sat in the box unused

    Was going to hack it but never got round to finding someone to do it so might as well sell it

    Thanks

    Neil

  2. #4292
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
    While I'm at it chaps what is the going rate for a SNES MINI these days
    Mine is just sat in the box unused

    Was going to hack it but never got round to finding someone to do it so might as well sell it

    Thanks

    Neil
    You should really give it a go yourself if thatís what separating keeping it or selling it. Itís £70 on Amazon so Iíd say around £50.

    But back to giving it a go yourself; I know ęhackingĽ can be an intimidating word, but the SNES Mini hack (it shouldnít even be called hack) is by far the easiest mod you can ever do on any system in the history of mankind. Iíd liken it to downloading iTunes for the first time and importing your own music and importing cover arts and renaming some tracks or whatever.

    90% of the job is plugging the system to your computer and downloading whichever ROMs you want. The remaining 10% is downloading hakchi CE and making a backup copy of the system (within hakchi) before adding ROMs. If you just want SNES games you should be able to avoid installing RetroArch on it, but even if you do itís so, so easy and intuitive with hakchi CE. There are dozens of guide out there and compatibility lists, and custom patches for games that donít work 100% with the built-in emulator, etc.

    If you ever get stuck you can just get a hold of me or importaku or post in importakuís NES/SNES Classic thread.

  3. #4293
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico87 View Post
    You should really give it a go yourself if that’s what separating keeping it or selling it. It’s £70 on Amazon so I’d say around £50.

    But back to giving it a go yourself; I know ęhackingĽ can be an intimidating word, but the SNES Mini hack (it shouldn’t even be called hack) is by far the easiest mod you can ever do on any system in the history of mankind. I’d liken it to downloading iTunes for the first time and importing your own music and importing cover arts and renaming some tracks or whatever.

    90% of the job is plugging the system to your computer and downloading whichever ROMs you want. The remaining 10% is downloading hakchi CE and making a backup copy of the system (within hakchi) before adding ROMs. If you just want SNES games you should be able to avoid installing RetroArch on it, but even if you do it’s so, so easy and intuitive with hakchi CE. There are dozens of guide out there and compatibility lists, and custom patches for games that don’t work 100% with the built-in emulator, etc.

    If you ever get stuck you can just get a hold of me or importaku or post in importaku’s NES/SNES Classic thread.
    Thanks buddy.
    Sadly for me getting this done isn't so easy, my only computer now is a 6 year old Fujistu laptop that works but only just about & none of the 4 USB ports work anymore which is why I mentioned that I hadn't been able to find anyone to do it for me.
    Not only that but I wouldn't have a clue where to find the roms these days.

    It really does feel wasted on me as there are only about 5 games on there I actually played which is why I considered the hack to put the games on there I really wanted

    Never heard of RetroArch either lol

    Thanks again for the help

    Neil

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •