No announcement yet.

Official F1/Motorsport thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

qualifying last night was good fun to watch, felt sorry for massa more than shumacher, he has full slicks on, spent the whole lap jus sliding about...

Sato went straight into a wall after 20 seconds, as much as i like the guy, some things never change haha

Comment

What a decent race, ha ha Schumaker cheating again. My man DC made a cracking start with Red Bull, just a shame he couldn't get on the podium.

Those Renaults look good don't they?

Comment

Originally posted by Yoraths mullet
        What a decent race, ha ha Schumaker cheating again. My man DC made a cracking start with Red Bull, just a shame he couldn't get on the podium.

Those Renaults look good don't they?
        Was a good race yeah, though not a great deal of overtaking, alot of poisition changes still took place in the pits, Yorath how did Schumi cheat ??

Comment

anyone know of alternative channels to watch the F1?

ive heard of a german one which just shows the whole GP from the cockpit view, and no commentary either, just the sounds of the cars!

Comment

Originally posted by davidholliss
            Was a good race yeah, though not a great deal of overtaking, alot of poisition changes still took place in the pits, Yorath how did Schumi cheat ??
            His move on Heidfeld (sp?) was out of order and getting the marshalls to push him out of the gravel trap doesn't seem fair to me. I know he retired, but its not the first time he has asked marshalls to risk their own safety to help him.

Comment

if you were a marshall would you say no?

Comment

Too right, they don't get paid do they? Its not like they will lose a job. With these new regulations comingin I wouldn't fancy trying to push start a beached car late on in the race, on a corner, with cars zooming past on worn tyres.

Comment

first race wacky weather - don't put any type of predictions based upon it. Renault were good at the start of last season and ended up being pants.

Neil.

Comment

I didn't enjoy the race and thought it very pedestrian.

At the risk of sounding rash I think the new rules are rubbish. The starting positions (thanks mainly to the weather) promised a fantastic race full of action, but the one set of tyres per race rule meant no-one was willing to really go for it.

I strongly suspect a boring season and a change to the rules before long.

I'm not keen on the qualifying either, you wake up race day not knowing who's starting where and don't even get to see the second qualifying round. It almost makes watching the first qualifying round pointless.

Comment

Too right, they don't get paid do they? Its not like they will lose a job. With these new regulations comingin I wouldn't fancy trying to push start a beached car late on in the race, on a corner, with cars zooming past on worn tyres.
                      The car was in a dangerous position and a shove was all that was needed to get it out of that position. Good call by the marshalls I say. And brave of them (especially at Melbourne)

Comment

Flags, safety car. Then move the car.

Comment

Yes or they could just shove it and let the race continue without interruption. Which they did.

Comment

But Schui wasn't concerned about safety, just trying to get himself back in the race.

Comment

You'd have been entirely magnanimous and demanded safety first, naturally.

Comment

But Schui wasn't concerned about safety, just trying to get himself back in the race.

How do you know that? besides which, thanks to the team radio broadcasts we know that he was only doing what the team were asking him to do, so stop trying to turn this into a 'schumacher's a git' situation.

Comment

Working...
                                X