Official F1/Motorsport thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trevor Bradbury
    ...Just living on daddys admittedly great rep...
    And Trev, he was a the world champion remember, much more than 'daddys rep' is needed to get that title tbh. As far as I can remember overtaking round the outside on fast corners was unheard of untill JV came from Indy, kudos that man.
    But you obviously don't like him so fair'nuff.

Comment

No point starting another F1 topic, but Jaguar are quitting F1 at the end of this year (unless the F1 team is bought up and renamed), sad really.

Comment

I wondered how they could justify all that money while closing factories.

Sad indeed, always bad to see one less team on the grid.

Comment

Arf :/ I thought Stewart were doing a good job, although they never quite seemed to nail it when Ford/Jag took over.

Thought Ford would be pumping loads of money into a works team?

Tres sad.

Comment

No drive next year for Anthony Davidson either who was only this morning saying that Jaguar was his best hope.

Comment

yeah that is sad, still he may get the BAR seat if Button goes.
              Looks like Ford may pull out of WRC also, Duval's contract was cancelled last week.

Comment

jaguar have been average ever since they entered F1, first they had crap management and wasted a tonne of money, they finally install decent management and give thema crap budget, i wont miss them really, tho it will be sad not to see british racing green on the grid, wonder if HSBC will put their sponsor cash elsewhere now!!

Comment

When did they finally install decent management? They had it right at the start, with Bobby Rahal... but he was set up and ousted by the spiteful Nikki Lauda (imo), who couldn't do the job properly anyway and subsequently also got the boot.. ever since then they've changed driver line-up and team principle more often than a pit-lane jack man changes his underwear. Shafted quite a few up & coming F1 driver's careers in the process. Scummy team.

So I guess every cloud has a silver lining...

Comment

Who got shafted?

Comment

I was specifically thinking of Justin Wilson... however they have also done it to Pizzonia and Burti. And now Klien. They hire rookies, expect instant wins, don't give them a chance and then say "He's got to prove himself or he's out". Wankers.

Comment

Back to JV - A quote from here:
                        The team and I share a common goal: to beat BAR to second place in the championship.
                        But He's not bitter!

Fair play though, BAR was his team and I'd want some payback too if they'd done that to me.

Comment

That is a class quote actually, I'll give him his due. One more little drama to unfold in the remainder of the season I guess!

Comment

Originally posted by Agent L
                            Back to JV - A quote from here:

But He's not bitter!

Fair play though, BAR was his team and I'd want some payback too if they'd done that to me.
                            Thats quality, go Jacques!!!

having had Villeneuve come back, any more rumours on hakkinen?

Comment

BAR are 3 points ahead in the Constructors with 3 races to go, it's going to be close but I can't see Reanult over taking them.

Comment

No more 'official' rumours about Hakkinen but I guess it depends on where Button ends up. If he goes to Williams it looks like Davidson could get a drive (but Hakkinen could prove more tempting if the price is right). If button has to stay at BAR however, and Hakkinen is really interested in a drive, then Hak is the obvious choice for me. But it depends on corporate bollocks these days!

Comment

Working...
                                X