No announcement yet.

Official F1/Motorsport thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We should find out about Buttons future on sunday.
    Source
    Opionions? I think Williams is a good move for 'him' but I'm not sure if the results will be better than BAR next year.

Comment

Your right, I think BAR and Williams will both be about level next year, especially with Williams having 2 new drivers (if it happens) going to take them a while to settle in etc.

Surely BAR can't overlook Davidson ?

Comment

I hope not mate, Davidson really deserves his chance, but Coulthard is in the shop window now, and his only hope for a drive is now with BAR. Personally I think he will price himself out of it, but ya never know.

Comment

If Coulthard really wants to race, he'll accept whatever BAR offer. If not, he'll be in DTM with Frentzen and Alesi next year.
          Davidson does deserve his chance, he's been stella in practice!
          Paffet from DTM also deserved his chance in F1, maybe with the top F1 teams maybe having to run 3 cars would mean all the guys that were hoping for seats will get one.

What about the arabs that were buying Jordan? Surely they could fund Jaguar too? lol

Comment

Forumla 1 matrix repeat loops - if I flick a channel over and there's a race on, Schumacher is invariably unbelievably behind a few drivers, and I'm like 'what? they are trying that again?!' and then he catches up and wins.

translation : there are dodgy people trying to beat Schumacher by way of manipulating reality using my mind, and God makes boring shows come on TV so I flick-over and notice what they are up to.

don't understand it? that means you are involved and are a liar

Comment

erm - OK. Whatever.

Reading f1-racing.net, Michellin seem a bit concerned about their tyres. Will that long fast 1st corner at Shanghai cause more blowouts?

I'll be up at 6 to watch live on Sunday as I'm really looking forward to the new track and JV etc.

Comment

Buttons hearing has been delayed untill 16 Oct now. Shame, I wanna know.

Coulthard seems to be dropping major hints about driving for BAR next year too. If Buttons stays though I think he'll be out of F1 next year.

Comment

if Button stays put, they're is always that Williams seat going spare ....

See Pantano got the boot this morning also, hopefull Glock will have a good couple of races before the end of the year.

Comment

I dunno why but I get the feeling that Frank doesn't want him back. Maybe because there have been no rumours or such connecting the two.

Comment

no I don't think Coulthard will go to Williams either but who will ? Hakkinen ? Davidson ? ???

Comment

Hak's the most likely I guess but I fancy Christian Klien will pop up next year in a decent ride. Seems to be a lot of people that expect big things from him.

Comment

See what I was saying about Jag and their penchant for ruining the careers of new drivers? They've done it again - seemingly they signed Anthony Davidson for 2005 just a couple of weeks before they announced they were pulling out of the sport. And naturally Davidson turned down other opportunities in order to go with a major manufacturer...

Comment

Davidson has been impressive this morning during practice in China - first time out for everyone on a new track and the boy is flying!!

Am almost inclined to think BAR should give him Buttons seat next yr, but reality is I really want DC to get a drive.... would be a shame to see him go.

What do you reckon is going to happen to Jordan and Minardi over the Winter? Think will still be with us next season? Hope so!

Comment

Not if Bernie has anything to do with it. He needs to stop thinking about his own wallet for a change.

Comment

Jordan definately will, they've just been sold in the last few weeks, think the BAR looks great in the "555" livery.

Comment

Working...
                                X